Very Loud Alarm System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oneclu

Reaction score
I have an alarm system that is very loud and I am trying to figure out how can I silence this thing.. it's super loud and when I come home late at times I feel like im waking the neighbors. Would anybody be able to help me on how to make it stop sounding when I lock/unlock it...

dpnut2

Reaction score
Lock the car from the inside and not with the remote

oneclu

Reaction score
I'm sorry I have a 2001 Tahoe by the way...the car has an auto lock if I don't lock it, it will lock itself and once it locks, it beeps too which is another annoying thing so I figured stopping the horn all together would be the answer to my problems...

Tahoe7689

Full Access Member
Reaction score
check your manual, for an 01 there should be a sequence that will only make the lights flash on lock, or whatever you choose. I know on 03's and up the steering wheel controls operate that function, but your manual should tell you the sequence. Maybe someone with an 01 can confirm that that is possible. This is all assuming you have a factory alarm and keyless entry.

oneradride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think its factory, if you can get under the dash try and get the make and model of the Alarm/lock unit. I have several manuals but I need to know what we are working with…..

dpnut2

Reaction score
Your unit may have a valet/program button if it's an aftermarket unit, depending on the sequence you should be able to by bypass the horn when you lock and unlock the vehicle and only have keyless entry...should be in like a bypass/valet mode...

177mph

Reaction score
I had an aftermarket alarm system once that was wayyyy too loud. I ended up stuffing some foam into the alarm siren and duct taping it partially closed. Never had a problem after