vette servo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RIDE N FLY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I am trying to get the part# for the servo that anyone used and where to get it from. I would like to install one before I get my tune. Thanks for the info.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is that corvette servo going to work in a tranny on a '02 6.0 denali? I haven't the slightest on what tranny my denali has but for that price I am interested in putting one in over Thanksgiving weekend.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So is it a noticable difference from a stock one, will it benefit me when it comes to towing? I have a good size toy hauler and would like any kind of improvement when it comes to hauling that pig around.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, is it easy to get to and install? Where might I find this servo, inside or outside of tranny, my repair manual doesn't even mention it.

Yuke2K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not a power adder or anything, so it's not going to help you with towing in that regard...

But what it WILL do is decrease the wear on your transmission during shifts by firming up the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts, which could potentially save you from some problems. I got one installed last saturday night with my keys/spacers, and it provides a noticable but non-violent change in the shift. It's nice and firm without jolting you.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wasn't under the impression that it is a power adder, as in horsepower, but I was wanting to know if the shifting would be a noticable positive result when it came to towing or would it even be advisable for that application. Don't want to prematurally toast my tranny towing just for firmer shifting!!!

Yuke2K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The vette servo will firm your shifts up and reduce wear. This is a good thing, towing or not. It wont hurt anything in your application. :thumbsup:

Super Big Pimpin'

Reaction score
Transgo Shift Kit

I put one in my 96 Impala SS with great results. You can adjust shift firmness by installing 1, 2 or 3 washers.

jgiguere17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is it really worth doing this?

on a difficulty scale of doing this mod, how would you rate it 1 being easy and 10 being hard?

I have never noticed anything wrong with the shifting. will it make the transmission last longer?

also I have a 4.8L not a 5.3 so what servo should I use?

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably a 4 on install difficulty, I still need to install mine but I've done a few on these 4L60s. Shouldn't take you much longer than an hour. Tranny should shift the same under normal conditions but it bumps up the pressure when you need it, I'd also retune for the servo if you have the means.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am going to buy one here this coming up week, but when looking in my manual for it there is no reference of it, is it easy to see and find and does my tranny have to have the fluid drained to perform the switchover?

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right on, just checked it out!!! Did you say that you have done the servo swap? I can't wait to do it, especially if it helps my shifting, just the start of good things for my truck in the near future (servo swap, CAI, magnaflow,..... and then a blackbear!!:D)

LeadFootCole

Reaction score
I just installed the Vette Servo today. Took about an hour and a half. I took my time. Had to pull the cover off a couple of times because the inner spring came off and I didin't realize it. Its not real difficult, just print off the instructions from this thread and follow them. I'm no mechanic and it wasn't very hard. I agree with boost, about 4 on the 1 to 10 scale. Cool thing is, now I'm ready for the BB Tune. Hey boost, did you see a large improvement after your new pcm from Justin?