Volant CAI??????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Ya, they sent a new box and lid. And they said since they messed up, they gave me the cleaning kit for free. Tracking numbers, phone numbers, I was impressed.

Wow. Nice to know there are still good companies with great customer service. Speaking of customer service, I just ordered a big brake kit from Tbyrne Motorsports', and my customer service experience with them has been superb. They have some cool aftermarket performance accesories for our trucks FYI. Great company.
Anyway, glad to hear you got everything straightened out with no hassles.

JRB07

Reaction score
I want to put a cold air intake in my tahoe, what kind do yall guys recomend?

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, this is a Volant thread, but at least two people here have S&B's, and they're quite happy with them it seems... Pick yer poison!

JRB07

Reaction score
Well that’s true, but do you, or yall have any other helping pointer that I should look in to before I pick my poison?

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, several of us with 2007+ vehicles have the Volant kits, and I really like mine alot. For the 2000-2006 model years, I certainly would defer to the others here. [I never had an intake on my 2004 Yukon XL Denali...so I have no first hand experience with what works and what doesn't on the GMT800's, only the GMT900's.] Maybe you can find some reviews on autoanything.com or even amazon.com?

Coastie Kyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Volant seems to be a really nice intake and everyone here who has one has nothing bad to say. I went with the S@B because it had a dyno and that air test that came with it and I couldnt find that with Volant. I read some bad things about Volant, but none of which came from a person with a Tahoe/Yukon. I agree with JK, I personally like the way the S@B looks better also.

PICT0109-2.jpg

bigblackchevy

Reaction score
Hi Coastie Kyle,

Have you noticed a MPG improvement as well? I'm think of putting a cold air intake on my '05 Tahoe to improve MPG. I am towing with my Tahoe as well.

Thanks

Coastie Kyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just filled it up for the first time about four days ago, so its still a bit early to know. I noticed a engine sound and a little quicker responce.... Ill let you know whats up when I fill it up again.

Coastie Kyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Half tank burned. The numbers may be a little off, but I got 19mpg average. That is all city driveing also. I dont have a heavy foot, Ichanged all my fluids to Moble 1 synthetic. I took off the outside stock running boards (not that it makes a big difference, exept they are heavy). My goal is over 20mpg average. I am going with a full exaust and headers to open up the back (which I am working on the details still). I also think Im going to do JK's electric fan mod. But I dont plan on doing any major engine modifications, just simple things I think GM could have done in the first place to make the truck more economical without loseing any power, and obtain 20 mpg avg. Oh, I also rarely/never use my A/C, that helps.

bigblackchevy

Reaction score
Hey Coastie,

Thanks for the info. I have decided to try the True Flow Sealed Intake. I am also going to add an Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer. I ordered it today. I'll let you all know how it comes out.

Coastie Kyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet. It seems like most of the CAI's are basicly the same. Just different features here and there. It should be good, you'll like it. Post some pics when you are done.

Crazydefense32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting a K&N FIPK for my Hoe', I looked at both the S&B and the Volant and out of those I liked the S&B more, but K&N pretty much have the corner on the market in my opinion, plus almost all my buddies have them on their cars and trucks and swear by them. But I would still like to know if anyone has any opinion on the K&N. By the way Coastie the S&B definately makes the engine look cleaner! :Chevy:

bigblackchevy

Reaction score
True Flow Sealed CAI

Hi All,

I installed my CAI and throttle body spacer. If was fairly easy to do. It took me around and 1.5 hours to do. I took my sweet time installing it. I may have been able to install it faster.

My Tahoe definitely has a little more growl when I stomp on it or when I'm accelerating up hill. Otherwise it almost sounds the same as it did. I did notice smoother shifting at higher rpms.

I only noticed the whistle from the Airaid TBS once and it was faint. If I would have had my radio on I wouldn't have heard it.

I'll post a little later about MPG losses or gains. It my take a tank or two before the computer leans the new set up.

I've posted pictures of the intake as well.

Attachments

• tf1.JPG
    tf1.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 60
  • tf2.JPG
    tf2.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 58
  • tf3.JPG
    tf3.JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 57
  • tf4.JPG
    tf4.JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 57

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Install pics on '07

Hey folks.

I posted some installation pics of my Volant intake installation on my '07 Denali over here. Wouldda posted them here, but this is 00-06, even though the Volant for this body style is quite similar.

I figure a "Volant CAI" thread at least deserves some Volant pics! ;)

bigblackchevy

Reaction score
That's a good looking install on your Denali Get Wired.

Hey Coastie, that's my stock box. True Flow replaces the filter and piping.

So far I'm in the mid to high 17's on mpg. I hit 18 for 2 minutes or so. I never hit 18 before. :shhh: