Warranties? Do I purchase?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I just purchased a '07 Yukon Denali which I plan on keeping for around 5 years with approximately 12K miles/year.

1. Do I purchase the dealer extended warranty? Purchase price is $2.2K which doubles the time/mileage of the factory warranty.

2. Do I purchase the dealer paint sealant, fabric and leather warranty for $500?

Waste of money or smart investment?

All recommendations are appreciated!

Rafael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just purchased a '07 Yukon Denali which I plan on keeping for around 5 years with approximately 12K miles/year.

1. Do I purchase the dealer extended warranty? Purchase price is $2.2K which doubles the time/mileage of the factory warranty.

2. Do I purchase the dealer paint sealant, fabric and leather warranty for $500?

Waste of money or smart investment?

All recommendations are appreciated!

Isn't the factory warranty 5 years?

Paint sealant is bullchit, just wash and wax it correctly and it will be fine, your leather will easily last 5 years.

Reaction score
Thank you!

Thanks for saving me a significant amount of $$!

AZSCTACO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it's worth anything.....I got an exteded warranty for $1100 for a 5 yr/80K. Everything is negotiable

wedtwuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GMs warranty on all 2007 is 5 years or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first. If you plan on keeping the truck for 5 years at 12k per year you should be covered by the basic warranty (at least for the powertrain) for your enrire period of ownership. If you do decide you want to purchase an extended warranty to get coverage for everything (not just powertrain) then by all means shop around. I suggest you look on the internet as well for chevy or GM dealers that will discount the GM extended warranty. In California it is not legal to offer extended warranties for sale over the internet and if you decide to buy from anyone but a dealer I would advise a lot of caution. I have purchased extended warranties for my last four cars and have always been glad that I did.

As for the paint sealant, it is a rip off and it makes it hard to wax the truck once it's been applied.

TN Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with the above comments. Wash and wax and paint will last well beyond the time you will own the Tahoe.

Warranty on the 07 Chevys is 3 years 36,000 miles on everything 5 years 100,000 miles on drive train.

You can buy a GM warranty anytime during the original 3/36 to cover everything. I would wait and see if you have many problems. If not save your money, if you’re not sure you should be able to buy a 2 year or 3 year extension cheap since the drive train is still under a GM coverage for the time you will own the SUV. Based off keeping it 5 years

gmcul8r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had an '01 Cadillac Deville that we bought used in '02. We purchased an extended warranty through the credit union that gave us the loan. This was some of the best money we ever spent since we had nothing but problems with our Caddy. It was nice not having the warranty through the dealership b/c you could take it to a independent certified mechanic that was recognized by the warranty to have the repairs done. Then they would bill whoever. Where if you go to the dealership, it's like pulling teeth to get things repaired and I have always felt that they would do as little work as possible to save as much $$ as possible, while an independent repair shop would probably do the opposite. Also, the dealership will try everything to get out of repairs, especially if you "modded" the vehicle, where as a independent could care less.

With that said, I would only ever buy an extended warranty if it was offered by someone other then the dealership. Just my .02