Wetness in rear carpet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

salvie

Reaction score
Hi All.
New here...
Just bought a "winter vehicle"...2003 Tahoe LT with 3rd row.
I've noticed that there's carpet wetness just behind the 3rd row seats - mostly on the passenger side. I've done some research and saw something about a boot that needs sealed??? I'm not sure if that's applicable for my problem but any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

salvie

Reaction score
Crap...sorry...I put this in the wrong forum! It's a 2003 model. Can an admn transfer it there? Sorry...newbie here

samotahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
could be 2 possibilities, do you have rear climate control? if so then it could be a rear "auxilary" heater core gone bad. or could just be wheather stripping for the rear door to be replaced.

R_Zachs

Reaction score
definitaly check into it more. in my 07 i got a water stain in the headliner in the rear passenger corner, its the size of a king sized pillow. i believe its the weather seal. still need to take it in to get fixed.

SkyKing6565

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem, and I have rear air. Do not see any leaks in weather stripping. Did you find your problem?

SkyKing

salvie

Reaction score
I dont see any wetness or stains from the headliner. But I did notice that it was really wet after rain. The spot is in the driver side rear behind the 3rd row seat. I do have rear aux heating/AC and dont think the heat works. Any more thoughts.

BossMan696

Reaction score
I had the same problem....

Luckily it was under warranty at the time and took three trips to the dealer to get fixed. After a long discussion with the service manager, they finally tore into it removing the rear passenger side panels and back hatch and resealed everything! No problems since.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have a sunroof, check the drains. When they back up, it runs out on the inside of the headliner. Also might check the roof rack mount seals.