What all do I need to install Nav?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ATM_Football

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so the guy whos installing my Nav system for me said his warehouse has both the AVIC Z3 and DNX 8120 on backorder and they don't know when the next ones will be in. So what I might do is just order my unit myself from nextag.com or crutchfield.com and have him install it for me. Crutchfield looks like it gives you all the things you need to install the Nav system with the purchase. I don't know if nextag does the same thing or not? I do know that nextag is much cheaper, does anybody know if they supply the necessary parts required to install? And if not what all do I need to order in order to be able to install this thing and get it working? im trying to see if it would work out cheaper to order through nextag and if they don't supply all the pieces I need to order those in addition to the unit. Or just buy it in one big package for a couple hundred more dollars at crutchfield. Please advise, and thanks for all of the help!

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
You're going to need a harness, dash kit, and antenna adapter. The harness is going to depend on the options (On-star and/or Bose ). I doubt Nextag supplies the needed parts, although I'm not 100% sure.

Last edited:

ATM_Football

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice! Thanks man. I'm getting the unit, and harness/dash kit installed for about 1500 dollars out the door. Plus I'm gonna add the blue tooth adapter and i pod adapter on top of that. So I'm getting all of that installed and out the door for about 1700 dollars, it seems like a pretty good deal to me because I've seen these things listed on most websites for 1799 alone.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Cool. That's not bad at all. Sounds like you got a pretty good deal.