What black would you go?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TaHeezy4Sheezy

Reaction score
So I guess I pissed somebody off and they keyed my tahoe all the way around. Forcing me to get a new paint job. I was thinking of going black and blacking out everything.

Would you guys go the shiny gloss black? I was also thinking about going for the flat black look, like the tahoe on the rob and big show...

http://www.chevroletforum.com/m_32716/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm

,... I think that looks sick too.. Any suggestions would be greatly appriciated..

Thanks alot!

TaHeezy4Sheezy

Reaction score
an old girlfriend?

hahah!! I hope not!! I think it was some kids in the neighborhood... But who knows...

I have been asking also and I get mixed answers. I really like the flat black, but people say it makes the truck look cheap. I would like either one I guess.

We wil see , I guess I have a big decision to make very soon!!

Thanks for the input guys!

The_Yukonator

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Murdered Out Black look sick, but it causes all the dust, mud and dirt to be more noticable. On the other hand you wouldn't have to worry about waxing it.

z71offroader

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anything is better than the factory orange peel black...flat black is more rare n will be easier to take care of...but a glossy black just has that pop.

Hoebag03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was thinking of doing a flat black on my 03, so i will say flat. but then again...... who knows.

Hoebag03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flat black tail lights

anyone have some ideas about how Rob Dyrdek got his tails flat black to match the pain on his Tahoe? i want to do flat black but these have to match

Last edited:

Timgco

Reaction score
How do you do flat black and control all the scratches. I'm not a paint expert, but you do have to clear the paint afterwards? correct? Wont; that make it shine again?

If you can figure out a way to keep it form showing every scratch and protect the paint, my vote is for flat black!!!!!

VadersOwnZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gloss black is as common as toilet paper (check my sig). Flat black would really stand out as different. I wish mine was flat. I hate how easily the gloss black scratches and swirls.