what drop to use for 26" wheels???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raiderrick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a 07 tahoe with 26" wheels im looking to lower it a bit when i bought my 26' wheels they rubbed a bit in the rear i trimmed some plastic now its fine i have a ltz and i have read some horror stories about the autoride messing up and the abs sensor going off onced they lowered the ltz tahoe so what drop shopuld i use im in so california so if anybody can recommend a shop or something i would really appreciate it

OCTAHOE

Reaction score
I would think there would be some major rubbing with 26s, I have rubbing with my 24s. A lot of guys are running a drop with 26s though so it must work.

Where you located in Cali? I am in Newport Beach. Do you have a Cardomain.com page?

the pedders man

Reaction score
i have a 07 tahoe with 26" wheels im looking to lower it a bit when i bought my 26' wheels they rubbed a bit in the rear i trimmed some plastic now its fine i have a ltz and i have read some horror stories about the autoride messing up and the abs sensor going off onced they lowered the ltz tahoe so what drop shopuld i use im in so california so if anybody can recommend a shop or something i would really appreciate it

look here www.rocksandracingllc.com our PEDDERS springs will do the Job for your New GMT900 or www.peddersusa.com
....................Frank

jazejeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im in riverside. just call me i have 26 with a 2/3 and we can do the install for you to

custom creations 951-343-0806 ask for jeff

Nala

Reaction score
Tire Size

What size tire can you put on without rubbing or doing mods? :yaya:

VadersOwnZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The nice thing about the Pedders is that the drop, while definately noticable, is not crazy low. Check out my review of Pedders drop here: http://www.tahoeforum.com/showthread.php?t=5383

I had very minor rubbing at stock height with my 22s. Once I lowered, the rubbing has definately increased, but not in a damaging way and only at parking lot speeds, at full or near-full wheel lock. I have not bothered to clearance as it is not severe enough to bother.

With 26s, there will definately be some real rubbing that will require clearancing. On the other hand, 26s with a drop should look absolutly awesome!