What HIDs???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mextahoe24

Reaction score
I dont know if to get my HID on the GM store where I bought my truck or to by them from ebay ??? GM HIDs are twice the cost but I dont know if they are worth it???

SapperRyash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i am confused on why these are called kits. i have some halo projectors... i thought HIDs were just new light bulbs. am i way off here? please explain.

S

smmperformance

i am confused on why these are called kits. i have some halo projectors... i thought HIDs were just new light bulbs. am i way off here? please explain.

They are called kits because they include more than just bulbs. For an HID conversion kit, you need the proper harnesses, ballasts, bulbs, and mounting hardware...

SapperRyash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are called kits because they include more than just bulbs. For an HID conversion kit, you need the proper harnesses, ballasts, bulbs, and mounting hardware...

okay so help me out here, my halos only use one of the stock bulbs and the low beam light is all within the new housing of the halo lights i bought. what would be the benefit of going with a "HID" and how would i do this? http://www.tahoeforum.com/showthread.php?t=6425

this is the thread of my headlights. this may help you explain it so i can better understand.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
okay so help me out here, my halos only use one of the stock bulbs and the low beam light is all within the new housing of the halo lights i bought. what would be the benefit of going with a "HID" and how would i do this? http://www.tahoeforum.com/showthread.php?t=6425

this is the thread of my headlights. this may help you explain it so i can better understand.

an hid KIT will give you a lot more light, and it looks cool too. so you see better.

the HID bulbs (NEVER GET THESE) are fake, put out so much blue you get stopped by the cops and put out LESS LIGHT than your stock halagons.