What is your mpg with your BB tune?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my BB tune about a month ago..its 93 octane, 80% removed normal/100% tow/haul..the thing drives so much better then stock, but it seems like my mpg is gone..All maintainence is up to par, replaced the muffler with a magnaflow and have the tune..i just put in $20 bucks (wasnt on E yet) and i went about 40 miles and now the gas light is on..i was babying it too..mind you this is mostly short city drives, but really? like 5-6 mpg? just doesnt seem right..I guess ill find out what it does on the highway before i look into it..what do you guys get for mpg?

HitandRunDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
15.5 mpg is the most i've gotten with mixed driving and a full tank on the 91 tune. Short trips will kill your gas mileage faster than a lead foot...keep that in mind, fill the tank, and see what kind of mpg's you're getting

boggers

Reaction score
Im gott around 16 Mpg with my K&N intake and 93 octane BB tune driving between Trondheim and Ålesund, loaded with the family on some highway and some backcountry roads... Hows that? The most i got when it was stock was 19 Mpg. Just me in the car, highway and abckcountry roads..

oomindwarpoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've pulled 23 on the highway but the tank usually averages out to 17.5-18.2 mpg.

I don't have a tune.

Huck

Reaction score
I can get 19 on the freeway, but usually, i'm looking at about 13.5-14 per tank. A lot of my daily driving is on surface streets.

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well on my trip home from school i got 18.1..it was all highway going 70-71..not bad i suppose..it was calculated with the gps as well not the truck odometer

Blizzardx23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
20-22mpg on highway without any tune...I wonder if it will raise when I do finally get a tune..??

In town, I hotrod everywhere...so I can get like..6-12mpg lol ;)

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stock was 13-15 city. After drop, intake, exhaust, and superchip flashpaq it went to 14-16 city. After blackbear tune with current mods I get 15-17 city and 19-20 highway if I'm not doing 100+. Did you change you plugs? Get some ngk v-powers and gap that sh*t to .040.