What is your MPG with your Tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i aired the tires up to 55 psi (80 max on them), did the fuel filter, and replaced the FPR..it starts everytime instantly now..i was so excited..the plugs were fine so i didnt replace them..

normally my trip to school uses over half a tank, but this time im between half and 3/4..and that was with 30 miles on it before i got on the highway..so im thinkin that did the trick..ill check the mpg when i fill er up

cashmoneyridin

Reaction score
join the club man, i get anywhere from 10-12 mpg on mine and i have almost the same mods (K&N intake and magnaflow catback) and i barely hit the pedel. WHen the 24s come on it goes down to about 7 or 8mpg. huge downside of this vehicle

NMartin

Reaction score
I cant get better than 15-16 in light in-town use. Towed our 26 footer camping this weekend with my '03 Z-71 and got less than 6 with cruise control and 8.5 without. Am now looking for the best way to change that. Any guidance?

Pike

Reaction score
I get 13mpg in town, 17mpg +/- on highway in my 02 Z71. Exactly what my window sticker reads. Then again, I didn't buy it for great mpgs. I'll sacrifice the gas to drive it, definitely worth it in my book.

LaOrange

Reaction score
Hi All
Is there alcohol in the fuel Mine has about 1. to 2. MPG difference
with Pure GAS versus 10% alcohol even worse on E 85%
Also winter fuels make Big changes
Good Luck
This is one of the reasons GM was going to ofter the 4.5 DuraMax Diesel
in these Trucks would be good for mid 20s to even high 20s

phonedrn8

Full Access Member
Reaction score