what years of hoes are "flex fuel" compatible?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

schuck

Reaction score
I purchased an 03 hoe and was wondering if I could burn the flex fuel in it. If so, what should I look out for during the initial "burn in" time.

Thanks
Steve

Randi

Reaction score
I have an 03 , and mine can use flex fuel. Check the 8th digit in your VIN. If it is a Z you can use flex fuel. If it's a T you can only use regular fuel.

nephite1978

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should also be able to look on you Gas Flap. It should tell you what kinds of fuel you can use.

bahollis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ethanol- Just my 2 cents... well actually, way more than that!

I was buying Ethanol at 30 cents cheaper than regular unleaded, thinking I was saving money.

Here's my math, based on a full tank of Ethanol & Regular, City driving (same roads & traffic every day), and I was TRYING to keep my foot out of the accelerator to get the best MPG on both.

With Ethanol, I was getting about 210 miles out of a tank. Just over 8 MPG. WTF!!

I switched back to Regular, at 30 cents more per gallon.. and would get 300 miles out of a tank. 12 MPG.

That's 100 miles, or 1/3 less miles per tank with Ethanol.

Unless Ethanol is 1/3 than price of regular, it's not worth it.

Sooooo, if you find Ethanol for $2.25 a gallon, go for it.

Maybe it's just my Hoe. I hope everyone else has better luck.

BH

Greg2002

Reaction score
i am averaging 18mpg out of my 02 on regular gas and it is also flex fuel ready

I get over 400 miles a tanks usually about 240 to a 1/2 tank

schuck

Reaction score
i am averaging 18mpg out of my 02 on regular gas and it is also flex fuel ready

I get over 400 miles a tanks usually about 240 to a 1/2 tank

Did you do any mods to you 02 to get that kind of mileage? My 03 only gets about 15 combined highway/in town mileage. By looking at my VIN number, the 8th digit is a "t", so I guess I don't need to worry about using E-85. :-(

Steve

Greg2002

Reaction score
my 02 is 100% stock right now getting a intake soon. i am hoping to get around 20mpg out of it.

not that i am that worried the tahoe stays in town i have my 2000 sunifire GT with a 2005 2.2 Ecotec swapped in it, it gets around 42mpg :D