Where is the quick disconnect heater hose located?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

penske

Reaction score
Ok i will look into the sealant.

Lets say that I cant get the piece of metal out, is it ok to drive the car to the shop?

Just wondering what my options are at this point.

Thanks

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldnt advise driving on that because couldnt it jam up a valve or worse, get itn the chamber, based on its size? I think your truck should stay put, and take the manifold out to get it out of there.vaccume, magnets try everythind you can... maybe even one of those micro hoses and stick it down in there to suck around. like a attachment kit you can get from the hardware store for vacuuming computer keyboards. or make something to get in there.
if your not 100% sure you got it out, you may be risking damage to the engine.

NoEcm

Reaction score
I wouldn't drive the car.

The broken piece is in the coolant system which is sealed and separate from the combustion and crankcase system but by driving the car, you will be circulating coolant and who knows where the broken piece will end up; in the heater core? in the radiator? stuck and blocking one of the internal passages?

I would do everythig possible to vacuum the broken part out.

Just my humble opinion.

penske

Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys.

I tried just the regular shop vac attachment - got a lot of coolant but no piece. I havent started the car since getting the piece in, so it hasnt circulated so it couldnt have gone far, right? I dont know what the inside of that manifold looks like so Im not sure where it could drop down further into.

pav245

Reaction score
Dorman Intake Heater Hose connection

and the correct Dorman part is 800-401. Its on the help rack at almost all autozones. veeerrry common part.

Yeah, it snapped off slicker than snot when I tried to remove it from the intake out of the engine. Oh well, makes it easier to drill out.

My question: Autozone has 800-401 at $12.99 and 800-401.5 at $35.99. Have only checked online so far but according to their online catalog the 401 doesn't fit my '98 5.7L 2dr 4wd Hoe but the 401.5 does. Pics look alike. Anybody know the difference? Rather than pay the $23 extra I could put a nipple on the intake and use a piece of hose to jumper it over.

It feels like I am being scammed for the extra bucks.

pav245

Reaction score
Yeah, it snapped off slicker than snot when I tried to remove it from the intake out of the engine. Oh well, makes it easier to drill out.

My question: Autozone has 800-401 at $12.99 and 800-401.5 at $35.99. Have only checked online so far but according to their online catalog the 401 doesn't fit my '98 5.7L 2dr 4wd Hoe but the 401.5 does. Pics look alike. Anybody know the difference? Rather than pay the $23 extra I could put a nipple on the intake and use a piece of hose to jumper it over.

It feels like I am being scammed for the extra bucks.

Found the answer today from Dorman. 800-401.5 is a pack of 5 of the 800-401 connectors. Guess they break a lot. Funny that neither Dorman or Azone mentions the 5 pack online. Guess I will see what I get when I go in there today. I have been dragging my butt on this gasket replacement, need to finish it this weekend.