Where's my lights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

globfly

Reaction score
I've had my Tahoe for six months now and I guess i'm too stupid to figure out how to get the interior lights to come on when I open the door. can anyone tell me how to get the lights on inside? Give me the old days when there was a plunger on each door and the dimmer was on the floorboard.

Gettreal

Reaction score
its kinda funny to read this...I was frustrated with this as well.. and didnt clue in...as mentioned already, the top half of the light switch with the dimmer on it is actually the on/off button for interior lights.

globfly

Reaction score
Thanks. I guess I now know that I have a defect, because i tried this with no luck. I can turn the lights on by turning the knob all the way to the left, but turning over so it would be in the "automatic" position, no light comes on. I did double check the owners manual and page 205 does go over this, and I had checked that before but thought I was still doing something wrong. I would think it must be the switch because I wouldn't think it would come on at all if it were a fuse.

Gettreal

Reaction score
Im sorry if Im reading your message wrong but you dont turn the knob at all... that is strictly for the dimmer and to turn all the interior lights on or off. what you want to do is just push the top part of the circle..it doesnt look like a switch at all....the top part of the light switch (the circle) is actually the switch.just push on it

globfly

Reaction score
OK. I get it now. I'll have to say, I shoved the whole damn assembly in pushing on the "circles" (the headlamp selector) before I noticed that piece above the dimmer button actually moved. It works now.

Why do todays cars have to be like playing one of these computer games? I can find hidden doors in the walls of computer games, but I can't interpret the dumb symbols they use. Who knew the international symbol for cruise is actually a circle with a line sticking out of it.

Thanks again for your help. :D