Which is the "cargo doors"?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

songiuno

Reaction score
I read in another thread the discussion between tailgate and barn doors for the Yukon/Tahoe. I was looking thru a JC Whitney catalog and it refers to accessory choices dependent on whether my '99 Taho has "cargo doors" or not. After I described my doors as being the top and bottom where the top window opens swinging up and the bottom door drops downward, their online support said I have the cargo doors. It doesn't sound right. Anyone know for sure?

And since I mentioned the vendor... any opinions about JC Whitney for accessories? Are there better places to shop for my Tahoe? :D

95ThAHOE

Reaction score
yeah you definitly have the tailgate, the barn doors open just like a regular door(swinging outward). Im not exactly sure who there online support is but they need to be fired. lol

songiuno

Reaction score
yeah you definitly have the tailgate, the barn doors open just like a regular door(swinging outward). Im not exactly sure who there online support is but they need to be fired. lol

Yeah I know I have the tailgate, but I'm confused or at least not 100% sure that what this catalog means by "cargo doors" is in fact barn doors. Are you saying it's pretty sure a bet that they mean barn doors to be cargo doors?

JsnChristianson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have always used barn doors/cargo doors interchangably to mean the same thing.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
I'd have to agree that the barn style doors would be called cargo and the tailgate door just that, tailgate.
As for vendors, also check out LMC truck, StylinTrucks, and autoanything for accessories.