Who has had both?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bamachevy89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Way to make friends there sparky. If you want to get technical....your info was useless cause he was looking for Tahoe/4Runner owners....not Suburban owners :ban:

Haha yeah, I think we already established that I didn't like the 4Runner and my wife wanted a Tahoe. So I already knew about the trunk space in the both of them, (I drive a Tahoe and she drives a 4Runner....) Besides that, I wouldn't want anything bigger than a Tahoe, it is a good length condsidering I need the room but there are never more than 3 people seated in it. Suburban is too long for me. Plus, how hard is it to fold down the third row :ktoe: ?

Thanks for the reply, but it was you saying that wasn't much more useful than them talking about their own thing.

Carry on Thunder and getwired! :lol:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha yeah, I think we already established that I didn't like the 4Runner and my wife wanted a Tahoe. So I already knew about the trunk space in the both of them, (I drive a Tahoe and she drives a 4Runner....) Besides that, I wouldn't want anything bigger than a Tahoe, it is a good length condsidering I need the room but there are never more than 3 people seated in it. Suburban is too long for me. Plus, how hard is it to fold down the third row :ktoe: ?

Thanks for the reply, but it was you saying that wasn't much more useful than them talking about their own thing.

Carry on Thunder and getwired! :lol:

lol, to make things easy, just go for it, you know you will LOVE IT.

bamachevy89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, I forgot to mention, I just sealed the deal on my wifes Hoe during lunch. It's a white '07 LT3 with tan interior, second row buckets, everything she wanted. Haven't sold the 4Runner yet. Now I just have to play the "I dont have the money to buy a new truck right now honey.." game until Christmas morning. Have it parked at the dealer until Monday night so I'll pick it up, park it next door, and give her the keys on Christmas morning. I really wanted black or navy but I couldn't pass up the price on this one and it was between two LT3's, this one and a bergundy :skep: , so of course I picked the white, she'll love it.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, I forgot to mention, I just sealed the deal on my wifes Hoe during lunch. It's a white '07 LT3 with tan interior, second row buckets, everything she wanted. Haven't sold the 4Runner yet. Now I just have to play the "I dont have the money to buy a new truck right now honey.." game until Christmas morning. Have it parked at the dealer until Monday night so I'll pick it up, park it next door, and give her the keys on Christmas morning. I really wanted black or navy but I couldn't pass up the price on this one and it was between two LT3's, this one and a bergundy :skep: , so of course I picked the white, she'll love it.

good for you and a christmas suprise too. :cool: :D

i would have picked bergundy though. :shhh: but white looks cool too, post pics when your gift is given and then go buy your self one. :D

bamachevy89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good for you and a christmas suprise too. :cool: :D

i would have picked bergundy though. :shhh: but white looks cool too, post pics when your gift is given and then go buy your self one. :D

Ha ha, I knew somebody would say that about the bergundy! I had one bergundy F-150 lariat a few years back and I liked it but it got old quick. I really got sick of it (on the plus side, it is an Alabama color though :D ). Besides that, the bergundy had the 17'' rims and I think they look fine on mine, but they look too small for the '07.

I had my Mustang appraised while I was there, I thought about trading it, but he said I may want to hold off for a few months, Mustang GT's aren't bringing anything right now. He said the same thing about my Tahoe, though. He said the average '04-'05 Tahoe has dropped $5.5k since JULY :eek: .

Anyways, I do like the new body style more now that I drove it, but to tell you the truth I still like my '04 better than my wifes. I keep thinking in the back of my mind, though, that the reason I didn't go ahead in trade my Mustang in for 2 new Hoe's is that I'll have the '08 when I get mine and she'll have the '07 haha, crazy right ;) ?

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
(on the plus side, it is an Alabama color though :D )

And you call yourself a 'Bama man! :lol: Just kiddin. Burgundy is nice, but I can see how you might get tired of it. Take some pics of your gift presentation, and post 'em up here when you can! :thumbsup:

...I'll have the '08 when I get mine and she'll have the '07 haha, crazy right ;) ?

Heh-heh :lol: And why shouldn't you have the "newer" one? Right!??!? :D

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
vanders z71, thats not a great way to start. infact its not even a good thing to do at all , like someone staited not a great way to make friends, but im ignoring any comment you make now, so look where it got you, you probably dont care, but thanks for your input regardless. plus i dont really care about post counts, i would not care if we did not have them, its not a contest.

now back on topic.

best move you ever made with the tahoe, i like the new style, but im like you, the old style just speeks to me some how. but i like the NBS too. glad you got both and i hope to join that club soon :shy2: :D

PeanutGallery

Reaction score

congrats on the new tahoe from another birmingham-area GMT900 owner. which dealer are you buying from? i used susan schein for my suburban, though it had to be transferred in from kennesaw, GA. i looked into leftover tahoe LTZ's but couldn't really find what i was looking for a month and a half a go....not to mention we decided the suburban was best for us due to the same behind-the-3rd-row-storage-capacity reasons of the fellow above. yes, the seats fold and even come out, but then you're down to 4 seats w/ the captains chairs....and when one of those has an infant seat in it, you're down to only 3 'grown-up' seats. c'est la vie, though - there's a reason why they make different lengths and configurations to satisfy different needs and desires! doesn't make any one version inherently better than another...

hope your wife enjoys the surprise!

VadersOwnZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Way to make friends there sparky. If you want to get technical....your info was useless cause he was looking for Tahoe/4Runner owners....not Suburban owners :ban:

Read my original post. That fact that I own a Suburban is secondary. I compared 4Runners to an Armada. The Armada is a vehicle that is similar in configuration, purpose and size to a Tahoe. In my post I state pros and cons, call it trade-offs, between the two vehicles - that being size of the cargo area, stowage, and seating. The end result of my experience, as stated, was the eventual purchase of a Suburban and clearly not the point of my post.

I'm sorry you were unable to make the intellectual leap in logic whereby contrasting a 4Runner to an Armada might equate to Tahoe ownership.

By the way Bamachevy89, congrats on your new Tahoe. Its a great vehicle and will serve you well.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Read my original post. That fact that I own a Suburban is secondary. I compared 4Runners to an Armada. The Armada is a vehicle that is similar in configuration, purpose and size to a Tahoe. In my post I state pros and cons, call it trade-offs, between the two vehicles - that being size of the cargo area, stowage, and seating. The end result of my experience, as stated, was the eventual purchase of a Suburban and clearly not the point of my post.

I'm sorry you were unable to make the intellectual leap in logic whereby contrasting a 4Runner to an Armada might equate to Tahoe ownership.

By the way Bamachevy89, congrats on your new Tahoe. Its a great vehicle and will serve you well.

i know what i said above BUT

he did not ask about the armada!! nobody cares this is a tahoe forum. :rolleyes: :troll:

AZSCTACO

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Still doesn't change the fact that he was looking for Tahoe/4Runner comparisons. Now that you have completely ruined this members thread and tried to insult my intelligence.....go drool over the Armada and join a Nissan forum. Anytime you want to compare education degrees and W2's, I'm game. You know what they say about guys who can't get into the Marines.......they join the Air Force. Now go away quietly :gy:

bamachevy89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
congrats on the new tahoe from another birmingham-area GMT900 owner. which dealer are you buying from? i used susan schein for my suburban, though it had to be transferred in from kennesaw, GA. i looked into leftover tahoe LTZ's but couldn't really find what i was looking for a month and a half a go....not to mention we decided the suburban was best for us due to the same behind-the-3rd-row-storage-capacity reasons of the fellow above. yes, the seats fold and even come out, but then you're down to 4 seats w/ the captains chairs....and when one of those has an infant seat in it, you're down to only 3 'grown-up' seats. c'est la vie, though - there's a reason why they make different lengths and configurations to satisfy different needs and desires! doesn't make any one version inherently better than another...

hope your wife enjoys the surprise!

I bought it from Cooper Chevrolet in Anniston. I usually buy my Chevys from Team Chevrolet at Northpoint in Alpharetta, GA, but I just didn't think it was worth the ride over there to see my buddy on this one. I definitely would have gone for the bench if my kids were still young, that is actually why my wife drove Expeditions from 1997-2001, they were just about the only thing at the time with bench second row and third row seats besides the longer Suburban. But, I drive a good ways to work now and don't usually drive anybody but my wife if we do take the Tahoe anywhere. I don't buy the Tahoes for people hauling, primarily just comfort and towing capacity.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jeez, let me jump in here with some actual useful info. Who here is NOT tired of Rollin Thunder's and GetWired's vain and pathetic attempts to run up their post counts?
:wow: ...ok, so sometimes we can get off-topic here, but both users mentioned have offered a great deal of very useful information and expertise to this community. So don't try to frighten us with your caustic words Vader. We find your lack of respect disturbing...

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
.... You know what they say about guys who can't get into the Marines.......they join the Air Force. Now go away quietly :gy:

So what do they say about guys who cant join the Army, where do they go? :smilielol:

:adr: VadersOwnZ71 is alright in my book. we can't always agree on every thing. Every once in a while we have to disagree otherwise this forum would pretty boring. almost everone has hijacked a thread or two so what the big deal? :gy:

My two $.02

ChadTahoeZ71

Reaction score
Me and the Mrs. have had the '07 Z71 Silver Birch Tahoe since Feburary and love it!!! We still own a nice '00 Eddie Bauer Explorer with all the bells and whistles but the Tahoe makes it seem like a piece of junk in contrast.

We have all the bells and most of the whistles and wouldn't trade any of them back in. Even the heated windshield fluid and autosense wipers are a must after you've had them for any time. I still can't get used to not having a three-blink signal when I change lanes in the Explorer. Can't wait to try the traction control. We're just starting to get snow for the season.

bamachevy89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't wait to try the traction control. We're just starting to get snow for the season.

I know for a fact that Stabilitrak has saved my ass from at least three wrecks since I have had my '04 Tahoe. It really is a good feature to have, you have to watch yourself when your driving a car that doesn't have it after you have gotten used to it!