Why did you buy a truck and where are you located?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Needed to replace the Infiniti QX4 due to mechanical issues and a new baby. Looked at various manufacturers and the Tahoe met the following:
- room for the family and big dog (camping, snowboarding, etc.)
- off-road capable: added Z71 package with 4.10 FD
- luxury: the LT3 package is great
- power: V8 and the gas mileage is pretty good
- looks: the redesign looks great and even better with the Z71 (not as many around)
- price: great value
- hitch for mountain bike rack (not a big deal for aftermarket)

SSport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the Tahoe as a "beater" vehicle. I have two other "pleasure" vehicles.

I bought the Tahoe for the main reason that I just bought a vacation spot in the poconos and have to transport two, well over 100 lb. dogs back and forth every weekend. Seriously.....that was my only reason....to transport the dogs....lol

Ned's LTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
50% want 40%safety 10% price. my commute is 3 miles to work. It just turned 1 year old, and has 4700 miles on it. we have 5 cars, and the tahoe is primarily our vacation vehicle. No kids, and my dogs ride in an old chevy van I still have.

markiv396

Reaction score
Multi-use

We bought ours for the added room and seating for our growing family as well as the off-road\weather benefit. We enjoy camping, snowmobiling (in WY high country)and taking trips in it. It has great stability, HP, and more options then we could have ever have imagined. We were surprised how agile it was for a vehicle on a truck frame. The DVD player is as someone else said "worth its weight in Gold"! I have loved my Silverado, but I drive the Tahoe when ever I can get the keys away from the wife.

Last edited:

RMC_SS_LDO

Reaction score
This was a tough one for us.

We traded a 2004 Avalanche which was in showroom condition, but we wanted more seating. Down side was the loss of the functionality of the Avalanche (I still think the Avy is the best value on the market).

So out with the Avy with seating for 5 and in with the Tahoe with seating for 8. We were thinking about the Suburban, but I just like the looks of the Tahoe more personally. I kinda wish it had the sunroof and the 3LT or LTZ package (can you even get LTZ with the Z71?) but ours seems to have a great balance of options without getting into techno-overload. We also wanted to get a vehicle with 4 wheel drive since we will be heading back to areas with snow next year (Virginia).

We found a Blue Granite :cool: Z71 4x4 (2LT). Now that we have it, I love it! The wife drives it much more since I mainly ride my bike, but I have noticed my car (Chrysler 300 SRT8) seems to be getting jealous! This (so far) has been one of the few vehicles I've purchased and NOT had buyers remorse!

v/r

Allen

Luis

Reaction score
This is the 3rd GM Suv I have owned. And now that I have 3 small ( 11 year old girl,9 and 5 year old boys) we needed the room. And I was thinkin with my 11 daughter this 08 Hoe may be her first ride. I grew up in a family of 5. With 2 younger brothers we had a 87 vette ( Chevette). I said to myself back then I will never put my family through this..

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To answer the question 2 posts above:
No, you cannot get Z71 and LTZ together. They are conflicting packages. Besides the looks, with Z71 looking Sporty and LTZ looking Luxury, the suspensions are different. Z71 has off road springs and shocks, while the LTZ has LevelRide. It would be a real trick to combine the 2.

Auburn

Reaction score
We bought ours to be able to tow our Nissan 350z show car. I am located in Atlanta.