Why we like our big trucks.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

withac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, this isn’t about a Chevy, but we’re all family here and we all like big trucks, right?

First thing to do when you have a problems is admit it, so here goes…
Hello, my name is Brandon and I drive a Dodge. Seriously, I like my Dodge as much as I like my ‘Ho.

Now that we’ve got that out of the way. A lady runs through a Yield sign. My son tries to stop but our roads are snow packed to the point of basically being like ice. There was no way he could stop. They had to remove her with the jaws of life. She's okay, bruises and scratches but released from the hospital, my son was uninjured. They had to take a crow bar to pry the Dodge's bumper off her door so it could be moved. I think the damage to the Dodge is just cosmetic, can’t say the same for her car. Fortunately the air bags didn’t go off

Attachments

• Front shot.JPG
    Front shot.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 7
  • The other guy.jpg
    The other guy.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 8

beegarage

Reaction score
not to discount this exact situation.. but jaws of life for that..? i just heard on the radio.. a guy saw a car infront of him spin off the road.. the other drive got out of the vehicle, walked to his.. and he offered to let the dude sit inside with the heater.. when the authorites showed, they said the "victim" must be boarded and secured.. they pulled out the jaws of life and cut the helping citizens roof off.. oh the irony..

withac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not to discount this exact situation.. but jaws of life for that..? i just heard on the radio.. a guy saw a car infront of him spin off the road.. the other drive got out of the vehicle, walked to his.. and he offered to let the dude sit inside with the heater.. when the authorites showed, they said the "victim" must be boarded and secured.. they pulled out the jaws of life and cut the helping citizens roof off.. oh the irony..

They cut the roof off so they could "board and secure" the victim AFTER he walked to the other car? Good hell, where has common sense gone? They needed to pry the door open, it was mashed shut, no way to open it to get to the driver.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel real secure in my Biig Tahoe, one of the reasons why I got it!

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Wow, good to hear no one was seriously injured. One of the reasons I commute mainly with my truck is because of it's size. May get less fuel mileage than my other cars, but I feel safer on my daily 65 mile commute.

CincinnatiZ

Reaction score
September 24 2007 I was on my way to work in a part of town that I have never been in. 55 mph zone out in the sticks. 2 lane road (one east one west) and im aproacing an intersection where a car is sitting with its blinker on. As i get about 60 feet away the car pulls infront of me and I smashed it Killing the passanger.

I was supposed to had stopped at a stop sighn that had been ran over flat on the ground. Every day i live with that. Her name was Connie Mains the mother of 3. She was 53 years old.

Consider yourself lucky.

My 2003 F-350
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j176/SlyFox812/truck.jpg?t=1234080409

pretty much the worst thing that has ever happened in my life ever. So thats why I drive a bigger truck.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can't roll a car down I-25, land on all 4 tires, and drive away clean save for the body work:

DSC00726.jpg

Oopsdmax3.jpg

Oopsdmax2.jpg

Oopsdmax.jpg

Yes I did say roll. Apparently you can do tricks with 6000lb diesel trucks if you set it up proper.

withac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can't roll a car down I-25, land on all 4 tires, and drive away clean save for the body work:

DSC00726.jpg

Oopsdmax3.jpg

Oopsdmax2.jpg

Oopsdmax.jpg

Yes I did say roll. Apparently you can do tricks with 6000lb diesel trucks if you set it up proper.

Says it all doesn't it?