will a supercharger for a 2006 silverado 5.3L fit a 2007 Tahoe 5.3L??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mextahoe24

Reaction score
I want to supercharger my silverado 06 5.3L and also my 2007 tahoe 5.3L but i dont know if the supercharger for the silverado can fit the 07 Tahoe?????? Or will it be better to instead or supercharging them wouldnt it be better to buy a procharger like the vortec i dont know whats better for this trucks, You might ask if I tow things well i dont tow any thinig with my trucks I just use them to travel to my ranch or to just use them here at home whats better SUppercharged or Porcharged?????? Im asking cause im not really conviced on what to buy cause som say procharged and others say supercharged??? and there are many superchargers and prochargers brands that i dont know which to choose???Kennebell,Whipple,Mangacharger,Vortec???

misonido

Reaction score
Sorry but I do not think it will work, 07s have active fuel management to shut down to 4 cylinders to save gas. You would probably need a engine tuner who can turn off the AFM, since throwing more air into the engine when its in 4 cylinder mode would probably cause plenty of timing problems when it switches back to 8 cylinders. Just my opinion... good luck!

Grillmaster

Reaction score
I'm not that familiar with the gmt900 platform yet, but I've been around the GM W-body platform for quite a while. My regal has an Eaton supercharger on it and lots of guys have had a lot of success with it, but for the gold in supercharging the title goes to Whipple hands down. If you aren't looking to tow anything, you may want to check out your turbo options. The L67 3800 community has gone into the 8's in the 1/4 mile with turbos. It doesn't help your low end torque but the HP can't be matched. Check out www.zzperformance.com . I believe the owner used to have an 05 or 06 Turbo'd Yukon Denali. He may be able to offer some suggestions. :cool2:

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will need a tune to get rid of the afm but it is the same platform as the older body style trucks in terms of the kits. Any centrifugal supercharger (paxton, procharger, vortech) will spool up like a turbo and not provide off idle boost. They also require a better tune but a procharger will make great power. The roots style supercharger (whipple, eaton, kenne bell) will make awesome off-idle boost and can be tuned via mail order by someone like justin @ blackbearperformance or any other mail order tuner. You will need to buy a transgo shift kit and a bigger cooler if not a mild rebuild on your stock trans (4L60e's don't like any more than +70hp). I'd vote for a magnacharger kit with a tune from justin and some dynatech longtubes mated to a magnaflow catback. 450whp and your trans will be fine until you buy a smaller pulley for the blower :thumbsup: