window help....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why does it make this sound. I have put Wd-40 down the outside and it made little if no difference. It only does it when its cold out. If its 50 or above there is no issue. And gets worse the colder it gets. Her is a vid to describe what it sounds like. I turned off the heater in the garage an hour before and it got down to about 35, but its 18 out. I will let it sit out for a little bit and make another one to show how bad it really sounds. But what is your take, is it somthing simple that I could do, or when I pick up the silverado monday, should I just trade them and have the dealer look?? thoughts?

Last edited:

bad63lac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I say definitely just drop it off at the dealer. Something must be rubbing on it that shouldnt be and you hear it more when it's colder.

No probs here, even seen below zero temps. :)

brodg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this is a common problem i have replaced 6 window regulators for this noise you need a regulator