Window lock problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

basecorvette

Reaction score
I set the window lock button and it locks the windows in the back seat but not the passengers window.
Is that how it is supposed to work?
Every other GM vehicle I have owned locked all the windows. If someone could test theirs, that would be awesome.
Thanks.

GMCSUV

Reaction score
basecorvette said:
I set the window lock button and it locks the windows in the back seat but not the passengers window.
Is that how it is supposed to work?
Every other GM vehicle I have owned locked all the windows. If someone could test theirs, that would be awesome.
Thanks.
My turn to help. I read in the manual last night that only the back windows lock out. I think it's an I. Q. test for new owners.

LTZJoe

Reaction score
Weird!!!

On my wife's FX45, locking the windows means NOT EVEN the driver can open them from his controls...so I just went out to check on the LTZ.

GET THIS:

I unlocked the vehicle, got in from the passenger door, started 'er up, reached over to lock the windows, and proceeded to open the front passenger window with no problem (as has been reported above), from the front passenger controls. I then turned off the vehicle (with the front passenger door still open), and noticed that XM81 was still blaring - (remember, the key is out of the ignition). I then proceeded to close the door (radio still on), and then locked the vehicle (radio STILL on).

I know, I know...retained power for the accessories. But I didn't access the truck from the drivers' door. In fact, after I unlocked it and opened the drivers' door, THAT'S when the radio went off.

No biggie, I know...I just thought it was weird!!!