Window Tint Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Denali132

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had my front 2 windows tinted awhile ago and told the guy to match the back factory windows. They look pretty even but I just noticed on the window he put a small sticker that says 27% do you think If i changed it to 20% it would make it noticeably darker or not worth changing. I would like it alittle darker not sure if 7% would make alot of differance??

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It wouldn't, I went from a 25% tint to 15% the other day and it wasn't a horrible difference!

NASTY GM

Reaction score
I think the rears are darker than 27% I had 20% on mine and they were a little lighter than the rears. But after getting 2 tickets I removed it. Now I'm sporting 35% with no tickets so far :p

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe what he means is that he put 27% on and since the window is all ready 70%, then it would be 19% which is close to the rear side glass which on the '07s is 16%.

riverst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do the front window have tint from the factory? If so what %! I plan to tint the front but i do not want to go beyond the legal limit of 50% for the front windows here in VA.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah the winshield and front windows come 70% from factory on ALL cars Manufacturedin the US, its a law.

riverst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So do i ASk for 80% tint to equal the 50% for VA since the glass is already 70%.

70%-100%=30%
80%-100%=20%
_________
50% VA standard

Im confuse a little.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually you would need a 70% tint to get to 50% on the front glass. .7 X .7 = .49

riverst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ohh i see! thanks, i never was good at math. Im just tired of paying tint ticket. Im legal now!

yugoballa823

Reaction score
the only reason the front 2 windows look darker is because sunlight goes through the windshield and it makes em look light than the windows in the back. when you look at ur car on a rainy day all the windows will look the same.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That would be tru but not in our case, look on the windows and you'll see the GM window VLT (Visible Light Transmission) stickers which clearly indicate a difference in darkness!