Wire harness chime/rings/onstar wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kane4355

Reaction score
I have a 2008 Tahoe and recently installed an aftermarket amplifier, SUbs, deck, and 4 channel amp. My deck has the onstar/Bose wiring harness, but because I have a 4 channel amp the audio is bypassing the module. I also am reluctant to say that i made a rookie mistake installing my 4 channel and blew the front channels on my stock Bose amp. All speakers are wired either to 4 channel or the deck directly bypassing the modules.
I installed 2 tweeters in front running to the stock amps rear speaker output and put the tweeters in the front. The purpose of this was to try to get my chimes ad onstar back, but I can't even hear the onstar and the chimes are so dim it's not even funny. I've done everything I could to boost the output of the chimes through the module with no luck. I read about the onstar in tahoes, saying that the onstar output is sent to the driver side speakers. I can't tell if this is true because the stock amp is blown in that channel. I was wondering if that was the truth for the chimes as well.
Basically I want to rerun the tweeters to the wiring that interfaces the chime and onstar module in the harness and goes to the stock amp, trying to bypass the Bose amp and retain my chimes and onstar. Is this possible?