wiring for fans?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1CLNTHO

Reaction score
Hey all,

Im wiring up my electric fans at the moment and have a question in relation to the AC compressor. I decided to make my own (yes i know about nelson and blackbear-great companies) because i have the materials and weatherpack connectors to do the job right (hopefully). My question is regards to a diode through the relay wire to the compressor...Is it necessary? I heard from some that they used one, and I heard from someone else that they bought a harness (nelson i believe but not sure) and there is no diode. I understand that the purpose of a diode is to allow current to pass through but not pass back through its original path, but was wondering if it was that necessary for the compressor itself? Any help is appreciated, this will depend if i have to run to the store again or not lol. Thanks in advance and happy holidays.

-Greg

oneradride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1.bmp

Think about this for a moment….
If 12 volts supplied by the green wire at the compressor powers it up…….
And you have your harness without a diode in it attached to the fan controller……..
What will happen every time the fans come on? :umn:

You want the compressor to trigger the fans
You don’t want the fans to trigger the compressor.

Last edited: