WOT is good for engine?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL... I used to practice WOT at EVERY light with my 89 Silverado... it was probably the cleanest engine I've had... other than my 95 Z28. :thumbsup:

I wish cops today were like 10 years ago. Now you cant even go half throttle with out getting wreckless driving. I remember my dad showing me what his 911 turbo could do when i was 9 years old. from a light on I-57, last light in bradly il (we lived in illinois for a couple of years), we were going 140, it was FREAKIN INSAINLY AWSOME!!! , now 10 mph over and your suspended.

CHISTOSO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about the Grand Nationals??? The 87 GNX had more horsepower than the 87 Corvette and thats from a 3.8L V6 LOL!

I can vouch for this. I smoked a few Vettes and countless others. Once a Viper gave me a run for my money but then again the Viper was a V10..

This is my baby.. I rarely drive it anymore, too valuable..

50_3.jpg
[/IMG]

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can vouch for this. I smoked a few Vettes and countless others. Once a Viper gave me a run for my money but then again the Viper was a V10..

This is my baby.. I rarely drive it anymore, too valuable..

50_3.jpg
[/IMG]

i wish you were close. I would love to give you a run for your money:D

CHISTOSO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, with what? :D The 07 Vette? If you were closer I'd take you on just for the sheer Fvck of it!!!!:cool2::D

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had an 89 c1500 standard cab that also had a wednesday engine and I pulled a buddies stock calypso green fox body by a car up to 80mph...fell off hard after 100 tho. That truck was also faster than a 97 vortec and my 00 vortec before I got to modding them. Built trans and a barebones truck had to account for alot but I surprised quite a few people in that truck (coming from a guy with ALOT of experience with mustangs esp boosted 5.0s and retarded fast 2.3t). I still want another 85-86 SVO or an older GN but not as nice as chistoso's cuz that fvcker is mint and I don't have the loot to pony up for something that nice. I doubt the C6 would stand a chance without at least heads/cam/100shot and a really good tune, gn is not to be underestimated.

RenegadeTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang, the bug has bitten and it's bitten hard... I'm now looking at LSx swap for my DD S10... :thumbsup:

RenegadeTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
those are so awsome, but I think you should build the first ZR1 s-10. :lol:

LOL... keep in mind, I bought the S10 in January of this year for $4600... my wife is already having a heart attack because I told her I wanted to V8 swap it. A ZR-1 packaged S10 would be worthless... and it would cost a LOT of money...

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL... keep in mind, I bought the S10 in January of this year for $4600... my wife is already having a heart attack because I told her I wanted to V8 swap it. A ZR-1 packaged S10 would be worthless... and it would cost a LOT of money...

yea, but still cheaper than a zr1, just tell that to your wife, :smilielol:

But seriously even a 5.3 is awsome, better than the stupid v-6 they put in there. i call it the v- wheres my power 6

RenegadeTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea, but still cheaper than a zr1, just tell that to your wife, :smilielol:

But seriously even a 5.3 is awsome, better than the stupid v-6 they put in there. i call it the v- wheres my power 6

LOL... V6? I wish! Try 2.2L I-4... I have such a hard time with getting to and from work 'cause one of our freeways has small hills in it... and I can't keep it going 75. I got the 4cyl for gas mileage, but it's not even that great. With A/C on... I get 17... the 'hoe without exhaust got me 16 going to and from work. This is all not to mention it has -0- power! I either want to get a different car / truck... or do a V8 swap. Wife is more likely to go for the new car than the motor swap. :cryin:

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL... V6? I wish! Try 2.2L I-4... I have such a hard time with getting to and from work 'cause one of our freeways has small hills in it... and I can't keep it going 75. I got the 4cyl for gas mileage, but it's not even that great. With A/C on... I get 17... the 'hoe without exhaust got me 16 going to and from work. This is all not to mention it has -0- power! I either want to get a different car / truck... or do a V8 swap. Wife is more likely to go for the new car than the motor swap. :cryin:

****, get a honda for the wifey... unfortunatly for me, my girlfriend has a sweeter ride than me... she is rollin an 07 denali... 6.2L of glorious all wheel drive power.

she doesnt even like it either, she tells me all the time that she likes my truck better

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
****, get a honda for the wifey... unfortunatly for me, my girlfriend has a sweeter ride than me... she is rollin an 07 denali... 6.2L of glorious all wheel drive power.

she doesnt even like it either, she tells me all the time that she likes my truck better

THEN TRADE!!!!:cool2:

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Eh I like your body style tahoe more than the nnbs trucks, maybe a tahoe with the L92 6.2 and 6L80E but I'd keep the tahoe and throw a charger on it.

RenegadeTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score

LOL... the S10 is for me... the wifey gets the Tahoe. The S10 is my daily driver... not to mention, we just got rid of our Hondas.... it's more because she doeesn't think I need to spend the money on the truck. LOL... I will admit... I agree with her, but... I REALLY want more power.

Mine...
Civic002.jpg

Hers...
HondaCRVfrontangle.jpg

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dumped the hondas for a couple of gas drunks huh... i must admire your american spirit! hahaha

Never a honda fan myself, got into ricers in high school but that fadded away when i realized it didnt matter what you did to a 4 banger with 145hp... it would never be fast

its all about the cylenders!

EDIT... do any of us really NEED to spend the money on our trucks?

RenegadeTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dumped the hondas for a couple of gas drunks huh... i must admire your american spirit! hahaha

Never a honda fan myself, got into ricers in high school but that fadded away when i realized it didnt matter what you did to a 4 banger with 145hp... it would never be fast

its all about the cylenders!

EDIT... do any of us really NEED to spend the money on our trucks?

Well, a motor swap on that S10 would cost more than what I paid for it... heheheh

I was never into ricers... that Civic was ALL STOCK... and it got 32MPG... but I'm 6'4"...340lbs and growing (desk job with free soda... will do it to you everytime) and that Civic just wasn't doing it for me. The CR-V came from getting bored with our Isuzu Rodeo and wanting a new car... it was the best deal we could find... and was supposed to get good gas mileage to boot. (EPA 23/29)... I got average 20 / 25 in it.... not to mention, I had to RENT a truck to go camping, 'cause we couldn't fit all our crap in the CR-V...

We've had 9 or 10 cars in the last 6.75 years we've been married... gonna stick with the Tahoe for a while... not sure about my truck, though.