Would you buy a second Tahoe if....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EchoBravo

Reaction score
No.

IMHO, two vehicles that size would be a waste. We always go with one family vehicle and one commuter vehicle. As for safety, that's not really a consideration. I wouldn't put my family in a Chery or a Tata, but I have no problem with them commuting in an Altima.

I use the Tahoe when it's too hot for comfort on my motorcycle (107 degrees today... Ugh!) and when we're all out as a family, primarily on weekends. 16 MPG in beep & creep freeway traffic for my wife's commute makes no sense (for us).

jimjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have two. A Suburban and a Yukon XL Denali, though. One is for Europe, the other one for the US.

TN Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put my wife in something to keep her out of traffic.. She stays ahead of it.:D

Picture was taken at National Corvette Homecomng we had in the event up there.

100_0628_0025.jpg

TN Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what we have! I drive the Avalanche, my wife drives the Yukon Denali XL.

:iagree: The New Avalanche is a Nice Ride. One of my friends is looking at getting one so I stopped at the dealer the other day to check them out very nice. Has the Tahoe front end and dash :thumbsup:

TN Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is a Tahoe with a box on it.

:rolleyes: I think that is what I was getting at... Tahoe front and inside and gives you more use of a truck bed.. I would look more at that direction then have two of the same SUV. If you need haul something you don't want to put in the Tahoe you have the option of using the Avalanche.

NeverRest

Reaction score
You might want to opt for the 6.0 in the Avalanche if you ever do any towing, I've heard the 5.3 in the Avalanche can be a slug.

Jordan23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope they put the 6.2L in the Avalanche/Suburban.

akim47

Reaction score
i am selling my lexus GS3 and we are keeping a honda accord as the commuter... need a car with 24+ MPG to offset the gas cost of the 6.2L :yesnod:

I did LOVE the avalanche... I thought the rear side compartment where you could throw ice into would be the ultimate for tailgating... but i'd probably have to take a 2nd mortgage on the home for all that gas...

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
I would love to have a second Tahoe, but we are on a very aggressive savings and investment plan so things will get tight budget wise as I believe in live like no one else so you can live like no one else!:thumbsup: I am not a toy collector, boats, motor homes etc, just not me, now computers, that's my addiction.

Mike97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would love to have a second Tahoe, but we are on a very aggressive savings and investment plan so things will get tight budget wise as I believe in live like no one else so you can live like no one else!:thumbsup: I am not a toy collector, boats, motor homes etc, just not me, now computers, that's my addiction.

And apparently, you like to dabble in gaming?

I would buy a second Tahoe if I could afford it. But the wife already has a full size K1500 pickup to drive around in. She hates SUV's.

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
And apparently, you like to dabble in gaming?

I would buy a second Tahoe if I could afford it. But the wife already has a full size K1500 pickup to drive around in. She hates SUV's.

Well not gambling, I play first person shooters and war strategy games, World conflict, Battlefield II and Battlefield 2142.