WTH is Manual Leveling Control Premium Shocks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YukonJacks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After researching what correct shocks I need, the dealer said I have Manual Leveling Control Premium Smooth Shocks. In street terms $419.00 Each. Looks like Firestone screwed me in the replacement dept. Any suggestions for new shocks on the rear besides paying that price.

jetcruiser

Reaction score
not if you want it to auto level itself when you load up the rear or put on a trailer.

Dynamo

Reaction score
Do you have RPO codes Zw7 and G65? If so then you have the premium smooth ride suspension package with the Nivomat self-leveling shock absorbers. You can find them for under $300 each on the net (rockauto.com comes to mind). It's just the rear shocks, I believe the front shocks are just regular shocks. I have read that if you wanted to just use regular (and cheaper) shocks then you would also need to swap out the springs as they are matched to the appropriate shocks, if you want the proper ride of course.

YukonJacks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well other than myself, the only thing I load in the back is a 50# lab, so I guess I'll be fine with a heavy duty shock