XM or Sirus Radio Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AAHTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2007 Tahoe and want to get either XM or Sirus (Have not decided yet.) radio installed. Can anyone lend pros and cons regarding either for an 07 Tahoe. Should I go in dash replacing the factory radio or on-dash adapter? I have a budget of around $500. Any help is appreciated. Also, I live in Tempe, AZ so if anyone lives in the area and has references of purchase and install that would be helpful as well.

Thank you ... AAHTahoe

Hardin Thicke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The nice thing about the on dash receiver is you can move it from car to car.. I keep a docking station in each of my vehicles so I can move the receiver around. As far as which service, I have both at the moment and have been listening to both. Each service has it strong points, but I give the overall programming edge to Sirius. I listened intently last week to the discussion between Howard Stern and Mel Karmazin, current CEO of Sirius. Karmazin is slated to become CEO of the XM, Sirius merger if it's approved. According to the interview, when the services merge, we will get programming from both current services. It won't matter which service you subscribe to. Which channels stay and which ones go has yet to be determined. In my case, because XM is integrated into my Tahoe, I'll pick it up at the end of the year when my Sirius subscription expires. This is provided the services merge. If they don't, I'll stick with Sirius and the dashboard receiver.