XM TO SIRIUS conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wizard1969

Reaction score
I was wondering if this can be done in a 08 LTZ non nav. Where is the converter box located I changed it in 2 minutes in my vette is it just as easy on the tahoe??

wizard1969

Reaction score
I know they plan on merging but the merger has been in the works for 16 months lots of corruption going on with that deal all that being said, I dont want to listen to 1 second of xm i already have the box its activated so I just need someone to tell me where its located in the tahoe? can I do it myself like i did in the vette.

smoothfrc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe the box is right behind the glove box. If you open the pass door and open the glove box, i believe there are tabs to push in to allow the glove box to fold down. From there you can see the xm box.

If you take a look at some of the videos on youtube or whereever about the GM Lockpick install, they link in with the XM system for the IPOD kit i believe.

wizard1969

Reaction score
Okay so its behind the glovebox? Is this something I should be able to do myself?? Has anyone here done it themselves. I cannot live with out my SIRiUS!!!

tint2sell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not many vehicles come with sirius anymore for a reason. Let me guess, you like the moron Stern?

08 Denali

Reaction score
No tools are needed to remove the XM box. There is a tab when you open the glove box that you push up on. The glove box tilts completely down and exposes the XM box. (Empty the glove box first...:) XM box is held by clips only. Just push away from box, and you've got it out:thumbsup:
I know from installing the Ipod lockpick

Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
However, the SIR-GM1 does not work with our vehicles. Right now I am running an external unit through the aux input for mine, soon to be through the lock pic.