ya gotta see this guys video ....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
man, Im no stunt driver, but that dude can work a good drift on that heavy-ass truck.

Very cool. And yeah, if this is your thing, and you can afford it, HAVE FUN.

Anyone know if that dude is a member of the forum?

Mike97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure that my response will be unpopular here, and I think he has a lot of skill, no doubt about it. But the fact that he does that on public roads tells me he has no reguard for public safety and should not be allowed to drive on the street. Drifting in empty parking lots is one thing, but going over 100 mph on a highway or city streets is criminal neglegence, and I have zero tolerance for that kind of thing.

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mike makes an excellent point. i should have thought about that more before posting.
If your getting air at the local railroad track crossing, and you accidentally take someone out, that would be horrible. All for your video.

so, i rephrase; the stunt driving is cool. the uncontrolled atmosphere, uncool.

1999HOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
like i said not my cup of tea but the videos were cool to watch and his editing and production were impressive for a you tube

djtecthreat

Reaction score
What part of this video says he has extra money? If you're handy then you can fix a lot of things your self. I've done all my own tranny and engine jobs, and I do a lot of my own body work, then have someone paint it for me (a friend usually).

If you look at the pictures in the 2nd part when its being repaired it looks like its somebody's home garage.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure that my response will be unpopular here, and I think he has a lot of skill, no doubt about it. But the fact that he does that on public roads tells me he has no reguard for public safety and should not be allowed to drive on the street. Drifting in empty parking lots is one thing, but going over 100 mph on a highway or city streets is criminal neglegence, and I have zero tolerance for that kind of thing.

you sound like my neighbor, he screams at me when i go 25 ( the speed limit) in my neighborhood.

now in all fairness, there was no other traffic in the area. and im sure in your time you did stuff like that, im sure you go 70 on your way to work. we all do. but how do we know he was going 100 on public highway, 70 mph looks fast when your standing still. :thumbsup:

Slammed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I think for the most part it was all in a controlled invironment and thanks god only the tahoe and the deer suffered LOL

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha, i saw these a few months back and forgot about them. the guy has some skills and has a clue about what he's doing or you'd see that truck flipped several times in pieces.

country roads, empty parking lots, empty snow covered roads, who cares. as long as hes being somewhat safe and not doing it around anyone that could get hurt, its no different than screwing around in a parking lot. (we've all done it)

theres a few other videos he's got on there that aren't posted up. im not saying go out and do it, but im also not saying he should be locked up for it either.

Mike97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you sound like my neighbor, he screams at me when i go 25 ( the speed limit) in my neighborhood.

now in all fairness, there was no other traffic in the area. and im sure in your time you did stuff like that, im sure you go 70 on your way to work. we all do. but how do we know he was going 100 on public highway, 70 mph looks fast when your standing still. :thumbsup:

Well, you don't know me, so don't compare me to your neighbor. I don't scream at anyone who is going the speed limit. And what do you mean when you say "in your time". :cool: I'm not that old son.

Sure, I've gone 70 on my way to work. The speed limit is 65, so 5 over is no big deal when that is how fast everyone is going. But you are not going to convince me that he was only going 70 in those videos. :thumbsup:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, you don't know me, so don't compare me to your neighbor. I don't scream at anyone who is going the speed limit. And what do you mean when you say "in your time". :cool: I'm not that old son.

Sure, I've gone 70 on my way to work. The speed limit is 65, so 5 over is no big deal when that is how fast everyone is going. But you are not going to convince me that he was only going 70 in those videos. :thumbsup:

in your time when you were like 16 or somthing. that can be in my time too, but i only age on the outside. :cool2:

he still was not near that many people.

djtecthreat

Reaction score

Maybe his wheels are spinning faster than 70 the vehicle's not. Most of it is drifting off road, a couple are on roads and I don't see 1 other vehicle/pedestrian in sight. He's not in the middle of downtown traffic with mother's pushing strollers drifting.

Mike97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
in your time when you were like 16 or somthing. that can be in my time too, but i only age on the outside. :cool2:

he still was not near that many people.

Not that many people? All it takes is for one person to be pulling out onto the street and it's all over for them both. Say what you want, it's not cool to do that stuff on public streets. You can't know that nobody is around unless you are in a controlled area. So far he has been lucky. Why are you defending this guy? You can't actually think it's OK to do this kind of stuff do you?

Mike97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe his wheels are spinning faster than 70 the vehicle's not. Most of it is drifting off road, a couple are on roads and I don't see 1 other vehicle/pedestrian in sight. He's not in the middle of downtown traffic with mother's pushing strollers drifting.

You have no idea how fast he was going. How can his wheels spin faster than the vehicle is moving?

He was on a downtown street in the shot when he caught air going through an intersection. I don't see too many traffic lights on country roads. How do you know there was nobody around for that stunt?

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not that many people? All it takes is for one person to be pulling out onto the street and it's all over for them both. Say what you want, it's not cool to do that stuff on public streets. You can't know that nobody is around unless you are in a controlled area. So far he has been lucky. Why are you defending this guy? You can't actually think it's OK to do this kind of stuff do you?

yea, i dont see anything wrong with it since he is not in town squair, while i think the stunts are stupid, i say as long as you only harm your self, nothing wrong with that.

yes when i was younger i did stupid stuff like late night drag races, but i lived and learned.

djtecthreat

Reaction score
You have no idea how fast he was going. How can his wheels spin faster than the vehicle is moving?

He was on a downtown street in the shot when he caught air going through an intersection. I don't see too many traffic lights on country roads. How do you know there was nobody around for that stunt?

You must not realize the physic's behind a drift or a burnout. The vehicle is powered by the slide, the rear wheels are 'slipping' this is what makes the vehicle appear to be going up the road sideways, making the rear end like a screw sending the truck off to the side. Meaning the wheels are most likely spinning faster than the vehicle is traveling, at least.. I'll see my speedometer go up around 60-70 while my truck is only going about 20 or so (yes i know how fast the truck is going, thats a benefit of being in full control of the vehicle and almost "wearing" it as i drive) while drifting.

We don't "know" for sure how fast he's going, but lets be honest here, you also don't know.

Mike97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must not realize the physic's behind a drift or a burnout. The vehicle is powered by the slide, the rear wheels are 'slipping' this is what makes the vehicle appear to be going up the road sideways, making the rear end like a screw sending the truck off to the side. Meaning the wheels are most likely spinning faster than the vehicle is traveling, at least.. I'll see my speedometer go up around 60-70 while my truck is only going about 20 or so (yes i know how fast the truck is going, thats a benefit of being in full control of the vehicle and almost "wearing" it as i drive) while drifting.

We don't "know" for sure how fast he's going, but lets be honest here, you also don't know.

I wasn't talking about the parts where he's drifting. I appreciate the explanation, but I fully understand the physics behind it. I'm talking about the shots where the guy is catching air, or screaming by the camera. At the 2:22 second mark (second video) he catches air while blasting through an intersection. How can you guys argue that he is not being reckless in that shot? And do you guys honestly think that he is only going 70 in the final shot, which by the way does show traffic on the road. Definitely not a controlled scene.

I don't want to argue this with you guys any more. I knew that some of you would disagree with me when I posted my first comment. I'm not changing my mind and I can see that you aren't changing yours. I just hope nobody gets hurt if you decide to do any of that stuff.:yesnod:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wasn't talking about the parts where he's drifting. I appreciate the explanation, but I fully understand the physics behind it. I'm talking about the shots where the guy is catching air, or screaming by the camera. At the 2:22 second mark (second video) he catches air while blasting through an intersection. How can you guys argue that he is not being reckless in that shot? And do you guys honestly think that he is only going 70 in the final shot, which by the way does show traffic on the road. Definitely not a controlled scene.

I don't want to argue this with you guys any more. I knew that some of you would disagree with me when I posted my first comment. I'm not changing my mind and I can see that you aren't changing yours. I just hope nobody gets hurt if you decide to do any of that stuff.:yesnod:

im gunna go do stuff like that, just to bug you :rolleyes2: :lol: