Yukon finally lowered...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Polecat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
trac004je9.jpg

trac003bx2.jpg

trac002wn3.jpg

trac001hx1.jpg

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Looks good man. Did you make it to the TX Heat Wave after all? I remember you mentioned something about attending in a PM a while back.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn that turned out nice bro! You can pull the coil isolators for a little extra drop out back if you want but that looks 10x better esp with the paint work.

Big Tap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks great man! Glad those shock extenders worked out for you.

What do the coil isolators do Boost?

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do the coil isolators do Boost?

Coil isolators are rubber pads that keep the coil from rubbing on the pocket and making noise. They are more useful on some vehicles than others as some suspensions don't make much noise w/o them and some make a ton of noise w/o them.

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm answering questions and failed to mention how good the truck looks. great job!! keep up the mods.

Big Tap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Coil isolators are rubber pads that keep the coil from rubbing on the pocket and making noise. They are more useful on some vehicles than others as some suspensions don't make much noise w/o them and some make a ton of noise w/o them.

Hmmmm...thanks. Something to consider when I go to install my kit.

Polecat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks all, and yes Big Tap, they worked perfect, thanks again...
I considered pulling the isolators, but then it'd drop almost another 1", but saw this ands was fine with the way it sat. :)
thanks all for the feedback and kind words...drives much better.

Rims are 20's with 285/50/20 Nitto 420S.

JKMotorsports, yes sir, went and got sunburnt at heatwave...did you make it?

JennaBear

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Very nice! When you gonna clear out those lenses??? Would really help set off that front end! Maybe some candy on the taillights too? Either way, still a nice lookin rig!

Polecat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks Jenna, plan on getting the smoked LED taillights after the tune.

How do we clear the front lenses, or do we buy new headlight assemblies?

JennaBear

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I know with my clears, I just bought them, but I only had to worry about the lowers.

I will see if I can dig up the write-up for you, but I know of some people that "bake" the assembly in the oven for a bit, and the yellow just pops right out. I personally would not feel too comfy throwing my lights in the oven, and would see if I could find some to buy and swap out!

JennaBear

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I know with my clears, I just bought them, but I only had to worry about the lowers.

I will see if I can dig up the write-up for you, but I know of some people that "bake" the assembly in the oven for a bit, and the yellow just pops right out. I personally would not feel too comfy throwing my lights in the oven, and would see if I could find some to buy and swap out!

Polecat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
amen, not to savy on putting my headlights into ovens...I'd rather buy aftermarket and swap out. :D

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks Jenna, plan on getting the smoked LED taillights after the tune.

How do we clear the front lenses, or do we buy new headlight assemblies?

on the top head lamps you can take the assembly out, pop it open and get the amber out without buying a new set (you shouldnt need to 'bake' them either... if you are having trouble, maybe just a hair dryer) , but you cannot do that to the bottom (the bottom assembly does not come appart), you will have to buy clears for the bottom, you can find a set for like $30 on ebay that is basicly the stock setup without the amber.

hope that helps, happy hunting..

diffrnt

Reaction score
I really like how your truck sits, looks very nice. I see that it is an Eibach set up, but how much of a drop is it? I want to drop mine and your height looks perfect for me.