Z71 Front Bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

darienguy

Reaction score
Was wondering is anyone knows if a standard 2007 Tahoe bumper cover will fit a 2007 Z71? I want to switch them and don't know if it will fit just right, especially where the fender flares come in.

z71offroader

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it will bolt up but it will look kinda weird where the bumper meets the fender becuase you dont have the z71 flares.

darienguy

Reaction score
z71 bumper

No,it's the other way around. I have the z71, so I have the flares and z71 front bumper-my Tahoe is bone stock. I want to remove the z71 bumper cover and go with a stock Tahoe non-z71 front bumper cover. I know I would need new foglights but was wondering if it would match up correctly at the front of the fender flare and if there were and mounting difficulties. Thanks for your help.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What color is your tahoe? You might find somebody who is willing to trade ya. I think the joining of the fender and the bumper might look a little odd, but I doubt it would stand out that much.

Tahoe07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw a picture somewhere. (I'll look for it) There is a noticable step out of the front of the flare where it meets the, now smaller, bumper cover.

I'll try to find the details.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just look at z71offroader pics and you can see where the flare joins the top rear corner of the bumper cover. There would be a definite discontinuity between the joint of Z71 flares and the regular bumper cover. :eek:

z71offroader

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my bad...it will fit but like said above your flares are going to stick out further than the regular bumper will.

hwajr

Reaction score
Anyone know if the silver/center section thingy on the Z71 front bumper is interchangeable onto a non Z71 front bumper? Next question, if it can be done, what would it look like?