Z71 Side Panel Symbol

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikewhite91

Reaction score
Hello,

On the side panel of my 2009 Z71 Tahoe the red part of the emblem has started to fade away (see picture). What would be best to fix this issue? Replace the symbols altogether, if so where is the best place to purchase them? Or is there some way to repaint the symbol?

I've also wondered if just scrapping the red off all together and having only a silver symbol would look decent.

What do you guys think? Thanks in advance for the advice.

Attachments

• 20150901_125933.jpg
    20150901_125933.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 3

aGTPowner

Reaction score
Following this post with interest...

I just picked up a 2009 Z71 (3 days ago) with a similar issue on both Z71 emblems. With mine though I'm not sure it's fading as much as wearing away (It comes off very easily with just a fingernail).

Like you I've wondered about whether to replace the emblems with new emblems or whether there is a way to repaint them easily. Your idea to remove the paint and leave them all silver is an interesting thought I hadn't had. I kind of like the red Z, however, I don't think all silver would look all bad (my Z71 is black). Given that my red paint is flaking off so easily that may be an option. If it doesn't look good I can always repaint/replace.

Will be interested in what others have done with similar issues.