ZEX? on a 07 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WhiteTie

Reaction score
Hey guys, its been a bit since i have been here.
I know this is a weird one... we are driving monster trucks that are outright slow!
I want to help that out a bit when needing the extra oomph!
I have a full exhaust, Predator tune and 24's....
I would like to ad a 75-100 shot... not to drag race or anything like that but to the car moves a bit more....yes i know its crazy.

What kit would be the best to go with? Has anyone does this before? How much would the 0-60 times go down? Would i do it on a trigger or on full throttle application? any input would be great!
thanks

wannabefastss

Reaction score
you would have to do the wot, thats the only way, and to be even saver it would be wise to do the wet kit along with it. don't want to be to leaned out

wannabefastss

Reaction score
you do have 24" that hurts the performance big time, though it looks good, try going with a k&n FIPK kit (cold air intake) and a programmer and see how u like that, that should wake that 5.3L up alittle

WhiteTie

Reaction score
I have a predator tune in there now.... helped a bit but not much... so the NOS in my way of adding extra ponies quick....

johnebgoode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so the NOS in my way of adding extra ponies quick....

Say goodnite Gracie.....that motor will puke a head gasket at the least if you squeeze it often enough. In my opinion,(with 17 yrs of drag racing experience), this is a huge mistake. But , as I have said before in other forums, people need to empty their pockets before the light goes on. Not talking down to you, just trying to educate you to save you some serious cash. Nitrous is very addictive and causes all kinds of carnage within an engine. It will not give you a warning.....its running like hell one minute, and crappin rods out the pan the next :ack: All ya need is to run WOT in a lean condition for a very short period of time, and there goes a piston or 2 or 3...!!!

txshriner

Reaction score
scrap the nos idea

i think you would come out cheaper trading for one of the new 08's with the 380hp 6.2 motor with 6 speed auto trans. if it dont have enough power for you its Z06 time.

wannabefastss

Reaction score
i think you would come out cheaper trading for one of the new 08's with the 380hp 6.2 motor with 6 speed auto trans. if it dont have enough power for you its Z06 time.

kinda've tired of waiting on GM to do this, good thing i'm in Baghdad, and want be home until October give me some time before i pull my hair out waiting on the 6.2 ltr 6 speed auto Tahoe:mad2:

Rafael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I second the supercharger. It's the only way to get some acceleration without destroying your engine. Even with the 24s it should move nicely.