03 Bose stereo amp question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JohnAndrew

Reaction score
I’ve got a 03 Tahoe with a Bose stereo. My stereo works some days and other days it looks on, but no sound comes out of the speakers. My local car audio joint tells me the factory amp went out. My local Chevy dealer tells me, a new one, will run me $401. Any thoughts on where I can pick one up cheaper? Also, what’s the best way for me to make sure I’m buying the right amp. Is there someplace I can enter my Vin to see what model I need? Thanks for any help or suggestions. :smiley-face-popcorn

larryz24

Reaction score
I’ve got a 03 Tahoe with a Bose stereo. My stereo works some days and other days it looks on, but no sound comes out of the speakers. My local car audio joint tells me the factory amp went out. My local Chevy dealer tells me, a new one, will run me $401. Any thoughts on where I can pick one up cheaper? Also, what’s the best way for me to make sure I’m buying the right amp. Is there someplace I can enter my Vin to see what model I need? Thanks for any help or suggestions. :smiley-face-popcorn

I bought mine on Ebay for $100. I was able to replace it without removing the console or the seats. Took about an hour and it solved my problem (same as yours). I understand if you get am Amp with the last 2 numbers on the P/N "72" that is the replacement amp and is supposed to be more robust than the original. If you find one on Ebay, make sure of the part number and the connections are correct because there are some listed to fit the 03, but they don't.