04 Yukon-Vibration at idle-Help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

promatchrcr

Reaction score
My 04 Yukon has a loud noise/vibration at cold idle. It also is present after warms up but it isn't loud but it can be felt. It is not present while driving but when it is stopped at a traffic light it can be noticed. IF you put it park it goes away. It almost seems like it is idling rough but I have had it checked out and they said it was idling fine. Any ideas/suggestions are welcome.

DarkTahoe00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's the noise sound like and can depict where's it coming from it you open the hood?

DarkTahoe00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The best thing you can do is pop the when your bout to start it and see if you can get a better idea where it is coming from. The only thing I can take a stab at it and say it might be a idler pulley starting to go bad.

promatchrcr

Reaction score
I'll try and get a better idea this week, thing is it must be in gear to make the noise so it's hard to get under the hood and listen. ;) I'll drag my wife out to get in it and keep the brake on while I listen closer. Thanks for help! maybe we can narrow it down.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll try and get a better idea this week, thing is it must be in gear to make the noise so it's hard to get under the hood and listen. ;) I'll drag my wife out to get in it and keep the brake on while I listen closer. Thanks for help! maybe we can narrow it down.

Just make sure she is in a good mood first. :smilielol::smilielol::smilielol:

05Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think my 05 has this same problem I can kind of feel it through the brake pedal and maybe a little through the steering wheel. It can be heard on the passenger side. I havent really messed with it so if you find out what it is I would like to know.

nmstahoe

Reaction score
I have the same problem with my 01 tahoe except i never hear any noise. It idles rough while in gear but not while it is in park. I can temporarily fix mine by cleaning the tb out real good.

rockman20

Reaction score
My 04 Yukon XL sometimes has a little shake at idle. It has bugged me since I owned it, but I am thinking that when I get time this summer to clean the throttle body, this might just go away. I also am going to take the time to check plugs and such to.

On my last trip down to WI, it was snowing on the way down. Got to our destination and powered off. After unloading the truck and visiting for a while, I went out to move the truck. Started fine. Put in reverse and had a racket. Kinda like a clunking noise coming from the passenger side. Nuetral or park it would shut up. Any gear and it would come back. So I parked it in its spot for the night and investigated. Ice had formed on the pass rear all around the tailpipe. In gear the tailpipe would shake enough to rattle in the ice. Knocked the ice off and the sound went away.

promatchrcr

Reaction score
I put the E brake on this morning and put it in Reverse to see if I could locate the noise it makes when cold, best I can tell it sounds like a heat shield or something, I'll have to further search but that still doesn't explain the noise/vibration once it is warm and in gear idling. It almost seems as if it is idling too low but it isn't. The slightest amount of throttle and it sounds as smooth and quiet as can be.

promatchrcr

Reaction score
No afraid not. I've looked and looked and can't pin down where it comes from. I've messed with heat shields but apparently I haven't found it cause it still does it.