09 Tahoe LTZ purchase

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rsinsel

Reaction score
I am looking at buying an 09 Tahoe LTZ. The dealer has offered 45,250 plus zero percent for 60 months. Plus all fees and taxes. This car has side blind zone and chrome clad as options. I was wondering what others are currently paying for their 09 Tahoe's. This equals about 4250 off plus zero interest. Honestly, I feel it should be better, but the dealer won't budge.

LVYUKYUK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm interested in seeing what the dealers are doing as well. I only paid 32K for my Yukon SLT-2 2WD, but that was at the height of the gas prices. The only options I don't have are nav and sunroof.

rsinsel

Reaction score
I'm interested in seeing what the dealers are doing as well. I only paid 32K for my Yukon SLT-2 2WD, but that was at the height of the gas prices. The only options I don't have are nav and sunroof.

Have you enjoyed your Yukon? What you paid, did that include any cash down or trade. If not, then I am way off. Twelve thousand more for an 09 is too much.

Gruson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can do better.

I know some guy here got an 09 Hybrid ($53k list) for $36k or somewhere around that.

I bought my 2008 Hybrid about 4 months ago for $38k.

Call around...I found out that certain dealers will work with ou a LOT more than others.

LVYUKYUK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you enjoyed your Yukon? What you paid, did that include any cash down or trade. If not, then I am way off. Twelve thousand more for an 09 is too much.

Oh I love my Yukon! Yes, I did put $10k down and paid off the rest in a few months. I think you can do better for sure, especially in these times. I know an 09 will be more, but I still feel there is a deal to be had. Even if the truck is 4wd, I don't think it should be that much more.

bad63lac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can do better.

I know some guy here got an 09 Hybrid ($53k list) for $36k or somewhere around that.

Call around...I found out that certain dealers will work with ou a LOT more than others.

Yeah but I thought he mentioned it was a used hybrid. (Dealer bought 3 at auction...)

I purchased my Suburban in Sept. The sticker was just under $54K. I got the LT instead of LTZ because I wanted my own wheels and did not want chrome mirrors or grill. It has every option except power running boards (dont like how they look either).

At the time they were offering GMS (employee pricing) plus $5000K rebate and choice of another $2000K rebate or 2.9% financing.

I took the GMS+$5000K+2.9%. I paid $39K (plus tax).

I'm not sure what incentives they are currently offering or whether they'll be doing Employee pricing again. It changes every month.

rsinsel

Reaction score
You can do better.

I have called around. If I opt out of the zero at 60 then the incentives go up to over 7 thousand dollars. It is either or. According to one dealer I am already half in to their hold back. I don't know who to trust. Taking zero saves me big in interest, over 6 grand. So I guess if you combine those two I am at over 10 grand off now. I guess I could always hold for more. But then there are only 4 LTZ blue's around my area with my options on them. Confused....

ATM_Football

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had a dealer offer me a fully loaded black 09 LTZ for 46000 before tax. 56000 is the MSRP. However, that is not with 0% financing. They wont do the rebates and 0%

oblidoblido

Reaction score
Tahoe LTZ 4x4 6.2

I am looking at buying an 09 Tahoe LTZ. The dealer has offered 45,250 plus zero percent for 60 months. Plus all fees and taxes. This car has side blind zone and chrome clad as options. I was wondering what others are currently paying for their 09 Tahoe's. This equals about 4250 off plus zero interest. Honestly, I feel it should be better, but the dealer won't budge.

Just bought a 2009 black Tahoe LTZ 4x4 with 6.2 ltr engine - fully loaded - in January. Sticker was 57335 and I got 8000 off plus 0% financing for 48 months.
I traded in a 2005 Suburban 2500 4x4 with 87000 miles and got 12000 for it. You CAN do better.

rsinsel

Reaction score
I just had a dealer offer me a fully loaded black 09 LTZ for 46000 before tax. 56000 is the MSRP. However, that is not with 0% financing. They wont do the rebates and 0%

I guess I did good then since I have 4250 off MSRP plus zero percent. I sign on the dotted line this Sat.

ATM_Football

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I did good then since I have 4250 off MSRP plus zero percent. I sign on the dotted line this Sat.

Not necessarily. I got 10k off MSRP but no 0%. Or they said that I could take away the 3k rebate and then get 0% But I couldnt have both 0% and 3k rebate. So if I add 3k back to the price Im still 7000 off MSRP and 0%.

rsinsel

Reaction score
Just bought a 2009 black Tahoe LTZ 4x4 with 6.2 ltr engine - fully loaded - in January. Sticker was 57335 and I got 8000 off plus 0% financing for 48 months.
I traded in a 2005 Suburban 2500 4x4 with 87000 miles and got 12000 for it. You CAN do better.

What area of the country are you in? My MSRP is a lot lower than yours. Does that have anything to do with it. They'll offer 42K at standard rates and 45 with zero.

02Lightning

Reaction score
I just purchased a 08 Denali Yukon for $17,179.30 off sticker including GMS. I even negotiated their document fee. They wanted $250 to shuffle papers, I got them to split the difference.

rsinsel

Reaction score
Congrats on the new LTZ !! Are you getting the 6.2 ltr?

5.3 ltr. I am sure the 6.2 would be awesome, but is is not available with what they have on the lot and it is not an option I think I'll miss. I had them switch back to the standard 20" polished wheel because I could not stomach plastic covered wheels. The look okay, but plastic. Man.:-(

oblidoblido

Reaction score
What area of the country are you in? My MSRP is a lot lower than yours. Does that have anything to do with it. They'll offer 42K at standard rates and 45 with zero.

Houston. The 2009 I purchased is 4x4 with 6.2 ltr and the sun, entertainment and destination package. Also side blind zone alert. According to the sticker, price was 50900 plus 6385 additional options.

ATM_Football

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Houston. The 2009 I purchased is 4x4 with 6.2 ltr and the sun, entertainment and destination package. Also side blind zone alert. According to the sticker, price was 50900 plus 6385 additional options.

If you don't mind me asking. What does the work out to as far as your monthly payment goes? I am in the Houston area as well and am kinda thinking about trading in on a new tahoe.

rsinsel

Reaction score
Not necessarily. I got 10k off MSRP but no 0%. Or they said that I could take away the 3k rebate and then get 0% But I couldnt have both 0% and 3k rebate. So if I add 3k back to the price Im still 7000 off MSRP and 0%.

Is that supplier pricing or GMS pricing?