2002 GMC YUKON Blower Motor Relay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

msp541

Reaction score
I am looking for some help with my 02 yukon, the blower motor does not work when turning the controls on the computer climate control, i turn to AUTO. and manually turn to on and nothing happens, i went under the dash and checked to see if the blower motor was junk, i disconnected the motor and removed from vehicle and manually bench tested it and the motor works fine, there is a blower motor relay before the motor with 3 wires coming out of it: orange, black and gray/black stripe and then there is a plug with 2 wires going to the blower motor: purple and black. I dont know if the relay is bad is there a way to test it? I get power at the orange wire and the ground is good too. What should i try before i spend money on something i dont need, does anyone have a diagram of the blower motor, blower resistor and blower motor relay? I would appreciate any help from anyone. Thank you very much! :D

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you checked your fuses? I know you have power now to it but the trigger end of it might be blown at the fuse panel. Check ALL of your fuses, GM does their fuses boxes in such a way that what the fuse is labeled for isn't always all it controls. Just a thought!!

msp541

Reaction score
Yeah i checked all the fuses and all seems to be good i am almost positive its that blower motor relay box before the blower because the power is at the beginning of the box but doesnt go through the other end to the blower motor.