2007 Yukon Fog Light Mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bmwman3241

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hbrbmx can i see some pics at night of the lights?

For the low and high beams i should stick with 5300k and not 6000k because that is slightly blue? And same with the fogs being yellow at 4300k? Also, if i get the 5000k fogs and keep them on every night while i drive will i have any problems?

Well im set with the 5300K McCulloch H13/9008 Bi-Xenon HID Kit, but for the fogs should i go with McCulloch or the ones from www.higherlevelauto.com

I moved to Dubai, UAE recently and my car just got here (imported from cali took 2 months) Therfore i have to order all my stuff online and and ship it from cali and install it myself or hope someone knows how to do it.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey bmwman, just to make sure, you posted this in another thread:

...THE BEST company for HID lights. i dont want torun any wires or anything..i just want to swap bulbs.

You do need to know that you will definitely need to run wires for the HID lights you are talking about.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want 'em to match and have the best light output and not be too "blue", then stick with 5300K in the headlights and 5000K in the fogs (unless you can find 5300K of course). 4300K is getting towards the yellow, but is still VERY bright and has the most usable light output. Here's a link to a color temperature chart that should help you understand how this works. many people say that yellow lights in the fogs help better with inclement weather, and I'm sure hbrbmx has some insight into that. I appreciate the extra light for driving, but I confess I haven't used the HID fogs in any real inclement weather yet.

In case you missed it at the bottom of the first page of this thread, here's a few shots of mine again.

From L to R:

1) Side view, crazy amount of light from these puppies
2) Angle view, more impressive
3) The mother ship has landed!

It may just be the camera. But the 5000k kit looks more blue than your 5300k kit. Are they more blue? Or is it just my eyes?:rolleyes2:

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It may just be the camera. But the 5000k kit looks more blue than your 5300k kit. Are they more blue? Or is it just my eyes?:rolleyes2:

Nope, it's an illusion caused by THREE things:

1) The Amber lights around the headlights make them look whiter.
2) The lower fascia around the fogs make them look bluer (my truck is Stealth Gray, which is basically "steel blue").
3) Lens flare in the camera due to extreme brightness of the fogs.

The lights themselves are almost exactly the same color.

hbrbmx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hbrbmx can i see some pics at night of the lights?

For the low and high beams i should stick with 5300k and not 6000k because that is slightly blue? And same with the fogs being yellow at 4300k? Also, if i get the 5000k fogs and keep them on every night while i drive will i have any problems?

Well im set with the 5300K McCulloch H13/9008 Bi-Xenon HID Kit, but for the fogs should i go with McCulloch or the ones from www.higherlevelauto.com

I moved to Dubai, UAE recently and my car just got here (imported from cali took 2 months) Therfore i have to order all my stuff online and and ship it from cali and install it myself or hope someone knows how to do it.

I'll get you some posted tonight...........

Good choice on the 5300K for the headlights. I ran my fogs thru the stock switch and wires, no harness or relay, but it is a McCullough kit. I think you'll be fine on a DIY install with the harness and w/o it. Be a bunch of help on this board if ya get stuck.

tbrend

Reaction score
Did you guys pull out the fog light housing when you put the new bulbs in?

Did you have to jack up the truck to get at them?

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you guys pull out the fog light housing when you put the new bulbs in?

Yup. Look at the first page of this thread for my instructions on how to remove the fog assemblies!

Did you have to jack up the truck to get at them?

Nope. Just lie on your back and you can reach right up under there. You can pop them out in 15 seconds once you've done it once or twice. First and second posts of this thread are all you need to read.

hbrbmx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are some decent 3000K fog light pics............

P2060146.jpg

P2060147.jpg

P2060141.jpg

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great, Todd! Now that's some intense yeller. Drive in the rain / fog with 'em yet?

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
THOSE LOOK SO MUCH BETTER THAN GET WIREDS, i mean BLUE, thats so old school and un cool:smilielol: :thumbsup: j/k YELLOW IS WHERE ITS AT.

io really like that, but i think i would do 4300k. i reason i would is beacuse i want 4300k low beams too, just to mach.

hbrbmx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks GDub, funny when you look directly at them they don't look yellow, but they sure do put out yellow light. A bit of fog the other morning, but nothing to tell if there is a big difference.

I will say they look different than the next Yukon :thumbsup:

hbrbmx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
THOSE LOOK SO MUCH BETTER THAN GET WIREDS, i mean BLUE, thats so old school and un cool:smilielol: :thumbsup: j/k YELLOW IS WHERE ITS AT.

io really like that, but i think i would do 4300k. i reason i would is beacuse i want 4300k low beams too, just to mach.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bmwman3241

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey im ordering a 5300K McCulloch H13/9008 Bi-Xenon HID Kit and a 5300K McCulloch HID Kit with Wiring Harness 9005 for the fogs for my 07 Yukon XL Denali. Anything wrong with these or any suggestions?

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good plan, but expensive...

Sounds like a good plan, but if you wanna save some money, skip the McCulloch kit for the fogs and get some cheaper ones... I personally couldn't justify the price for a second McCulloch kit for the fogs, so I went with the Ollo kit that mikemjohnson on here sells.