2008 Tahoe Hybrid eligible for $2200 tax rebate?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gruson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did not see anything on this subject.

Is there still a $2200 rebate for the 2008 Tahoe Hybrid if bought today?

Thanks!

My dealer thought there was but could not confirm.

T-pole

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer 'told me' that it's still available for Chevy. I bought one on Thursday. I did not recieve any paperwork for the credit though.

I was told that when you file your taxes, you have to put in the VIN number on some form, and thats how you get the credit.

stevetut

Reaction score
Hey fellas. Just landed myself an 08 Hybrid 'Hoe too. Dirt cheap only 6k mi. I was also wondering about the tax credit. It's still in effect but I think only for new ones so you should be good. Mine was only a factory demo though so I wonder if Im still eligible. Any idea???

T-pole

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great price!

From everything I found out, you can not get the rebate if it was sold as used. Let us know what happens though.

SSport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey fellas. Just landed myself an 08 Hybrid 'Hoe too. Dirt cheap only 6k mi. I was also wondering about the tax credit. It's still in effect but I think only for new ones so you should be good. Mine was only a factory demo though so I wonder if Im still eligible. Any idea???

Just might want to check, but if you just bought it....that would technically be considered 2009 and not claimable until the 2009 tax year.....if I recall correctly.