2017 Tahoe Converter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rickp

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I got a 2017 Tahoe LT and it has a built in converter. However the converter doesnt really have a lot of juice. I would like to increase the volts that the converter can handle. The truck comes with a second battery tray under the hood. I spoke to a rep at the dealer and he recommended not adding a second battery, but i got the impression he was a bit old school and didn't really understand what i was looking to do.

Does anyone know the best way to possibly add a second battery and increase the power of the converter.

thanks
R.

Pats X5

Reaction score
Electric inverter

R,

If I understand your post, you are referring to the electric inverter. I too have this in my 2017 Tahoe LT. From past experiences with electricity ( which is limited), the Tahoe inverter converts 12 v dc to 110 v ac and should be used for small items where the power drain is no more than 100 to 150 watts- ish. Increasing voltage won’t help. The design is for small- drain plug- ins only.Take a look in the owners manual for specifics.

I wouldn’t mess with it.
Good luck,
Pat

Tahoe2017

Reaction score
adding a battery will not help, your inverter has a max. wattage output.
you will either need to replace the built in inverter, or add a new higher wattage inverter someplace on the vehicle.