50 series or Magnaflow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nvcaman

Reaction score
getting split rear exhaust installed this week, and wanted some opinions should I go with the Flowmaster 50 series or Magnaflow?

I want a deep sound with little drone inside, I don't know anyone with the 50 series installed thats why i'm asking.

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a 50-series dual out. pretty happy with it. I highly recommend it.

vaTahoe

Reaction score
Corsa, there is no substitute, a little pricier but well worth the $$$$, best sound by far as I looked at em all:thumbsup:

07TahoeNC

Reaction score
I have the dual 50 series. I am very impressed. The sound outside the vehicle is great, and the inside noise is much less than the magnaflow that I had on my previous tahoe .

z71offroader

Full Access Member
Reaction score
between them i would go with magnaflow because its a highflow muffler (no cambers)

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anybody had both the 50 series and the Magnaflow on an 07 Tahoe? I'm having a hard time deciding between the two. The magnaflow sounds like it might have a slight edge in performance but is a tad louder. I seriously just want better performance/mileage and want it quiet. Any input?

stss95

Reaction score
anybody know what size the stock muffler is i want to keep the stock pipes but replace the muffler with a 50 series.

thdrill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anybody had both the 50 series and the Magnaflow on an 07 Tahoe? I'm having a hard time deciding between the two. The magnaflow sounds like it might have a slight edge in performance but is a tad louder. I seriously just want better performance/mileage and want it quiet. Any input?

I am in the same boat. I am looking to replace the stock muffler to allow for more flow in hopes of better mpg/performance without completely waking up the neighborhood at 6:30 am on my way to work. Any suggestions?

MadMedwyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a 50 Series too and love it. And no, it won't wake anyone up in the morning. I don't know what kind of experience everyone has with theirs, but mine doesn't tend to get louder unless I've driven a couple miles first on a trip. And it really won't start to get loudish until towards 2k rpm. So you can easily avoid waking up your neighborhood in the morning.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can't go wrong either way. Both are relatively quiet inside and louder outside. Also, with just an exhaust there won't be any performance edge that can be felt unless your butt dyno is very sensitive. Since the magneflow has no baffles or obstructions, in theory it should have better performance but nothing that will be noticed.

The flow master will have that flow master sound (deep and burbly?), and the magneflow sound is deep and smooth. Both sound great at WOT.