99 tahoe 4x10 speaker question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

keek007

Reaction score
the roof speakers in the rear of my 99 tahoe do not work. i replaced the factory door speakers and did not know about the factory amp running the rear door speakers and i already ran new speaker wire from the aftermarket deck. are the rear 4x10's run off the amp as well or are they on something seperate all together as i have not heard any info on that except that the rear door speakers were run off the amp. the radio harness has the remote wires all hooked up and there is one run for a set of subs along with power and rca cables behind the back seat but i dont think ill be adding subs, just would like all 6 speakers to work if possible. may replace the roof speakers with 6x9's so the system has a little more punch but i like the cargo room too much for the 12's i have. anyway im going to keep looking and im sure this has ben tossed a million times but i cant find anything about my year model just newer ones and the 96-97 years for some reason. any help would be great and thanks for reading