A/C Issue after battery change.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eric_p

Reaction score
Need some help here. 2001 Tahoe LT 4WD. Battery dead and put in new battery now my front A/C is stuck on the defrost vents only. Rear A/C works fine, no issues. This model has the "computer climate control."

Is this something that needs to be reset and any advice on how to reset it greatly appreciated?

Thanks in advance.

NathanJax

Reaction score
Put the AC on defrost and turn it cold as possible. Turn the vehicle off and disconnect the negative battery terminal for 10 min. The replace negative battery and try again.

Your blend door actuator is stuck and it's a fairly common problem. This method is trying to reset/restart it, but if it doesn't work, you'll need to replace it. Others have taken them apart and lubed/greased them, but it's up to you.

eric_p

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I will try that and see if it works. I figured it was something needing reset or something.

I will reply after I try it.

Once again, thanks.

eric_p

Reaction score
Put the AC on defrost and turn it cold as possible. Turn the vehicle off and disconnect the negative battery terminal for 10 min. The replace negative battery and try again.

Your blend door actuator is stuck and it's a fairly common problem. This method is trying to reset/restart it, but if it doesn't work, you'll need to replace it. Others have taken them apart and lubed/greased them, but it's up to you.

Worked great. A/C is back blowing through all the vents.

Thanks NathanJax for the advice.