Aftermarket Grills for Hybrid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hybrid_Rollin

Reaction score
Ok, I thought maybe I got a bad deal on mine. I have 4WD and just got mine for $44000

How do you like yours so far?

I loved it...for the 11 days I drove it. I'm back overseas and my wife has been driving it. She Loves it too. We traded in a 05 Honda Odyssey van for it. The only drawback is there is no room behind the rear seats, where as the Odyssey had a good 2-3 feet back there...and no more power liftgate...I got spoiled with that option.

My wife has been telling me that she's getting better gas mileage in the 'Hoe than the V6 van. She does more city driving than highway. That's where having the Hybrid pays off.

Ed Blown Vert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I loved it...for the 11 days I drove it. I'm back overseas and my wife has been driving it. She Loves it too. We traded in a 05 Honda Odyssey van for it. The only drawback is there is no room behind the rear seats, where as the Odyssey had a good 2-3 feet back there...and no more power liftgate...I got spoiled with that option.

My wife has been telling me that she's getting better gas mileage in the 'Hoe than the V6 van. She does more city driving than highway. That's where having the Hybrid pays off.

I stepped up from an Envoy, so most of the features are extra. So I don't miss the power liftgate etc.... And its been a dream to drive.

So is her driving mainly stop & go or speeds under 30?
I have been trying to get up to 30 mph under just electric, but I always have some anxious driver behind me. :)

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
whats neat too is yall have the 6.0 engine, same engine used in gm's heavy duty models. I wish i had a 6.0 in my truck. I just have a 5.3 and i averade 14 mpg mixed city and highway. :eek2:

Ed Blown Vert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
whats neat too is yall have the 6.0 engine, same engine used in gm's heavy duty models. I wish i had a 6.0 in my truck. I just have a 5.3 and i averade 14 mpg mixed city and highway. :eek2:

Thats the thing I like about this Hybrid. Power when you need it. Or just putt around and get 20+ mpg. Well at least I hope so. ;)

I have not had it long enough to know the true mileage. But it is weird to see 99 mpg when you are only in electric mode. :)

Hybrid_Rollin

Reaction score
So is her driving mainly stop & go or speeds under 30?
I have been trying to get up to 30 mph under just electric, but I always have some anxious driver behind me. :)

My wife mainly drives stop & go with speeds over 30mph. When I was home I noticed that the electric motor stopped around 15-20 mph, then it went into hybrid mode. The other thing is to get 30mph under all electric...you'd have to have a very flat road or a decline...any incline and it seemed that the truck had to go to hybrid, b/c the truck is so heavy.

Ed Blown Vert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife mainly drives stop & go with speeds over 30mph. When I was home I noticed that the electric motor stopped around 15-20 mph, then it went into hybrid mode. The other thing is to get 30mph under all electric...you'd have to have a very flat road or a decline...any incline and it seemed that the truck had to go to hybrid, b/c the truck is so heavy.

Well I hope I get the mileage she got.

crsuperjet

Reaction score
Hybrid Mesh Grille

GrillCraft is finally releasing a mesh grille for the hybrid. They did my buddies non hybrid it came out awsome.

step_2297.jpg

step_2301.jpg

step_4848_med.jpg

crsuperjet

Reaction score
Free Tahoe Hybrid Mesh Grille

I recieved a call from one of the installers at GrillCraft Products. They had used my buddies non-hybrid Tahoe for a grille install a few months back. GrillCraft is offering a free install and grille to anyone with a Tahoe Hybrid in the Los Angeles area. They need the vehicle for 2-3 hours to document the install process and to shoot photos. Someone take advantage of this. They can be contacted at 310-970-0300 or at www.grillcraft.com