Aftermarket Window Controller?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Black Mamba

Reaction score
Anyone know if there's an aftermarket window controller available for the Tahoe that allows programmable control of the windows and sunroof via the factory remote?

Looking for something similar to what AlienTech LLC makes for VW/Audi (http://www.alientech.net/). It would allow functions like vent roll-down on approach and all roll-up on exit (including the sunroof). Really cool little device that costs well under $100.

Black Mamba

Reaction score
scotto2323,

Thanks for the info. Yeah, that's sorta like what I was thinking, except it would also control the sunroof. That way, if you left it open, you could close it via a remote command as you are walking away. Also, the unit I have for the VW is hardwired into the main window controller inside the driver's door. That way, the diagnostic port is open all the time.

Let me know what you hear back from Top Down. Maybe we can get a group buy going eventually.

Anyone else find an aftermarket controller possibilty?

scotto2323

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Top Down makes controls that work for convertible tops so I don't thing sunroofs are too big of a deal. The also sell a spliter that gives you an alternate OBDII port.

I will let you know when they get back to me.

Black Mamba

Reaction score
I'll bug them also. The more inquiries they get, the better chance we have of them developing something. Thanks, again, for the info.

Black Mamba

Reaction score
Here's the message I received back from Top Down:

Unfortunately, we do not have a plug and play solution for the newer models. They use the newer high speed GMLAN bus and this bus does not wake up when the fob is used. As a result, we'll have to develop some new and innovative tricks to create a Window Valet-like device. We'll get back to you in the future should we make a break through.

Thank you for your interest,
-Michael Fuller, President
Top Down Technologies, Inc.

I encourage all interested to visit their website (www.topdowntech.com) and put in a request. If they get enough interest, they might be more willing to invest and develop a product ;).

scotto2323

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, that is correct. I have beening meaning to post the previous message. They are working on a device that could possibly work, but it would be installed inside the door panel.

I will keep you posted on the updates I receive.