Alarm Owners and Installers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dye4metal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been recently looking at alarms online and i really like the fully loaded crimestopper one. also i was looking at the vipers but i guess consumers cant install them?? anyways i was wondering what installing one involves. im not new to electronics but i kinda wondering were the module and horn should be located. also i want to run like 3-4 horns off it :yesnod: which im sure is possible with some splicing.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
No matter the brand, alarms will still install basically the same way. DEI as well as most other manufacturers recommend their products to be installed by a professional because of the complexity of newer vehicles and also to prevent any damage to the alarm unit.
It's best to install the main module as discrete as possible to make it harder for thieves to locate and disable. Splicing, routing, and insulating the alarm wiring the same way as the factory wiring also makes it harder for thieves to distinguish between the alarm and factory wiring. As for the siren, mount it as high as possible so it can't be reached from underneath the truck. Keep it away from high heat sources and make sure it isn't pointed up so that it doesn't collect water in the horn. You can wire in additional sirens, but you have to use a relay to avoid burning out the siren output on the alarm module. I have my horn and 15 sirens hooked up to mine. Nine in the front and six in the back. I also have two piezos inside. It screams. You can't make mine go off without being noticed:D

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was gonna throw a big rig horn on when I did an alarm. I just need to learn an alram install. Do any come with easy to follow schematics?

Not to jack this thread:D

Chasmanian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can get an alarm installed for around $200.
Small price to pay to not burn something up on your trucks. Also when you install an alarm yourself you will have no warranty. Let a good stereo shop do it, most offer life time warranty.

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Small price to pay to not burn something up on your trucks. Also when you install an alarm yourself you will have no warranty. Let a good stereo shop do it, most offer life time warranty.

I'd a burned it down by now.

I just haven't done an alarm yet.

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I'd a burned it down by now.

I just haven't done an alarm yet. I could put that 200 bucks into some signal processing.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not really too difficult an install on these trucks, you have to tee into the pcm and bcm and run a few bypasses depending on the equipment but if you can install a deck and wire up components w/crossovers you can probably install an alarm. I paid to have my clifford 50.5x installed and my boy hooked me a killer deal, not worth the effort for me and my time was more valuable in this instance.

krunchy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its definitely worth it to have it done by the pro's less of a pain in the butt there is a lot of behind the dash wiring to do so let someone else do it