Another Nav question...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JD Larue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The other day I tried to enter a location in my navigation unit but ran into a problem because the street I was trying to program was a number street. (specifically 17 Mile Dr.) I realized when trying to enter the name of the street there are no numbers on the screen. Then I tried spelling it not using numbers (Seventeen Mile Dr.) but that didn't work either because the unit didn't recognize the name seventeen and gave me a steet named Seagull Dr. with no other options.

Am I doing something wrong or is this normal? If that's the way the nav works then it's seriously deficient because there's a whole lot of streets out there in the world that are only numbers. (1st St., 5th St., 37th Ave., etc.)

I admit I don't use the Nav that often so maybe there's a way around this but at the time I couldn't find it and I was running late so I didn't have alot of time to fool around with it.

Wilf

Reaction score
press the 0-9 button to enter the number screen and type "17"