Anyone=gm Performance Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

anthony22

Reaction score
Whats going on every one? After just about a month i have narrowed my exhaust systems down for my 08 LTZ. (Magnaflow) or the (GM performance exaust). I would like to know if there is any drone inside from the GM performance exhaust? Is the GM any better then the magnaflow. Thanks for the help.

LVYUKYUK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm interested to see some responses here. I installed the magnaflow on my H3 when I still had it and honestly, I had to take it off. All it did was drone on the fwy. Of course, that was an I5 so maybe that was the reason. No gain in HP, no gain in MPG either. Idle sounded fantastic though. I coupled it with a CIA and still no changes. (yeah i did disconnect the battery) Bang for the buck, get the tune from Black Bear. I don't know, maybe all three would be the ticket. I've always loved the sound of a Flowmaster, so I may just have a shop swap out the muffler alone and only for the noise. Nothing else expected really.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Gm preformance exhaust on the corvette, To tell you the truth, I only notice Big difference when the throttle is more than half way down (which it usually is LOL) But at idle there is only slightly more grumble. for almost 2500 bucks I was expecting better. But I did gain 6 hp and 8 ft lb of torque. :rolleyes:

riverst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go Borla! Magnaflow's are great, but i love the sound of the Borla unit.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the GM Perf. Exh. which BTW is made by Borla. Sounds good at idle and acceleration. Under lite load at hwy speeds there is a slight drone.

JennaBear

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I just swapped out my Magnaflow for a Corsa, and am super happy with the loss of drone. I have the touring model as I didnt want such a loud exhaust anymore.

I still have quite a few Corsas laying around for well below retail if anyone is interested.