Bose Amp Relay? Battery drain...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PaulS

Reaction score
I have a 2005 Chevy Tahoe z71 with the Bose system (no nav). A couple weeks ago, one of the channels in my bose amp (under center console) went out and one of the speakers stopped playing. I bought an identical bose amp off ebay and installed it. Now i'm having an issue with the car battery dying every ~2 days if I don't drive the vehicle. The amp installation is pretty simple- just plug and play really... So I don't think I screwed up that. I pulled the amp fuse (green fuse with 30 on it in bottom right of fuse box) and the car started easily after 2 weeks of no driving- so I know the amp clearly is constantly drawing power from the battery. I don't really wanna pay full price for a new amp from the dealer... and don't really wanna buy another ebay amp. Does anyone have any idea if it would be possible to add some sort of relay to the power cable of the amp? That way the amp would only be powered on when the car is on or something similar? What kind of relay would work for this kind of job? I appreciate any help